4 4
decclj

Coeliac results

Rate this topic

Yes but I haven't been diagnosed the doctor has put on my records gluten intolerant

Doctor referred me to a dietitian they now want me to go on a gluten diet and have another biopsy  or have a genetic blood test I said I can't go on a gluten diet it makes me feel so sick so I opted for blood test .do you have it done at doctors or hospital ?

the gene test is not worth a whole lot.  It will not dx you, unless the doc is willing to go on a positive there, and dietary response.  and if your gene test is negative for the two that they test for, it does not mean you are not celiac.

Can someone tell me how they do the HLA DQ2/DQ8 genetic test

5 hours ago, decclj said:

Can someone tell me how they do the HLA DQ2/DQ8 genetic test

For the patient , it is a simple blood test usually.  If you want to know more about how they process the blood and "count" the chromosomes, I would suggest you ask the testing company.

How do you get the HLADQ2/DQ8 genetic test done ?

What happens if your not in the us with genetic testing

1 hour ago, decclj said:

What happens if your not in the us with genetic testing

You can ask your doctor or you can search online for a lab.  However, I do not think you can order medical tests as a patient on your own in the UK.  

You had a very elevated TTG (over 100) but a negative biopsy. I think your doctor recommended going  gluten free, correct?  Please consider the diet.  It may provide you with the reassurance that gluten is making you ill and odds are you have celiac disease.  The problem is it takes time to learn the diet and heal.  Most forum members take a year to get well.  That is hard to do when you are not confident that you have celiac disease.  Why give up all that bread for a year?  Seems like a huge gamble!

My husband was advised to go gluten free 18 years ago.  He was never tested for celiac disease.  The first year was hard.  He cheated.  Mistakes were made.  Eventually, he realized that he liked feeling well.  If he consumed gluten it would wipe him out for a week.  In fact he said that he felt like had the flu for a decade!  Gluten was not worth it.  Since then he has never cheated ever.  He has been glutened occasionally over the past 18 years, but not intentionally.  In fact, because I am so careful, he realizes that he might have taken too many risks.  Now, he eats out at only dedicated gluten-free restaurants or ones highly recommended by celiacs.  He would rather eat food obtained from the grocery store than risk eating out.  

Please give the diet more time.  See a dietitian and consider joining a local support group.  It is so nice to meet and have safe food to eat and be surrounded by  like people.  

I was. Referred to a dietitian but  she noticed before I had my biopsy I wasn't on gluten long enough so has given me the option of going back on gluten and having another biopsy or a gene test so opted for genes test so now waiting

but the gene test is NOT going to r/o celiac!