This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Food allergies after fasano diet

BilliB

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 minute ago, BilliB said:

Fish seems to set off hives. I'll try it again when im feeling more well. 

Pea milk! Does it taste ok? I did wonder about pea chips, but there is so many ingredients and sodium in them.

Ive got some dietz and watson swiss sausage, which needs no refrigeration, not dared to try it yet. Its that kinda stuff. No refrigeration or cooking needed that would help. Too much fruit causes pain.

The Ripple Pea milk seems to be a bit rough textured, you can sort of distinguish the pea protein in it...taste is alright but I use pea protein as my primary protein source as it is easier for me to digest then meat, only thing easier is egg whites. Pea is a legume, right after my dia I could not eat it without major bloating. I am fine with it now.
I honestly prefer cashew or coconut milk but you said that was off your list? (Cashews are legumes, coconut is not quite a typical tree nut)

If fruit causes you pain it is either a fructose intolerance or a sugar issue. To many carbs cause similar issues? Could be the bacteria in your gut going crazy with it and a lower carb diet might work.

Pea Chips, I use Protes pea chips as a treat...normally a half serving. They have some other additives that keep them in that treat category but make up for my corn allergy and Doritos cravings lol. I have learned to make my own pea chips/crackers and even vegan cheeze its in the oven.

I would really suggest avoiding the heavy processed meats like those sausages....I can only imagine how hard they would be for your body to break down and filter...I mean really think about that.

Fast food is a common CC issue I would avoid.

Cheap meats like chicken OK? What about canned cooked chicken? Sure you have to cook well but getting a breast or two when they get marked down at markets (check exp dates and go in when they half price them for quick sales, tell the butcher of your issues see about deals) I I like chicken broth but have issues the meat unless I slow cook it for a half day and take pancreas enzymes (Mine hardly works and I do not digest foods without supplementing the enzymes). But at 0.46 a lb it is the cheapest stuff out there on sale right next to eggs.
Lucky I have a stores down here doing what I call egg wars. They price down to beat each other driving prices to $2-6 average for 60ct boxes. I also get wholesale through my catering start up for egg whites >.> I get 30lbs for $40 which last me a month.

If meats are a issue try lean meats, it might be like me....I can not handle fatty meats, the fat floats and is hard to digest, leaner grass fed beef/longhorn slow cooked til it almost melts in your mouth is alright in moderation for mornings.

If you have a fish issue then avoid them, sounds like a allergy and those rarely go away.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BilliB Apprentice

Pistachio and cashew are out. I bought both, tried them 3 days apart. Awful dia and stomach pain/gas. Tingly mouth feel, a few hives, but not terrible. It was too bad to continue to eat. Almonds were worse. I guess coconut might be the same. Dried fruit started doing the same damn thing to me. 

I got reduced lean sirloin. It.seemed to be ok. Trouble is, I cant always set up to cook. Chicken, same thing. Eggs are still ok, minus yolk. The yolk sets off pain. I kinda try.to tolerate it, as I hate wasted food.

Some one was happy, I gave away all the nuts and dried fruit, but you cant go offering people yolks.

Ild enjoy chips, cake, muffins. There is no way I can manage the gluten-free versions of anything. I tried. It was ugly.

Its the days when I cant cook which get hungry. Ready cooked gluten-free sliced meats are ok, if expensive and prob horrible for me.

I dont seem to manage any chocolate or candy. Not even ocho bars. I get bad dia and pain. Mouth tingle isnt too bad, but stomach says no. I feel so sick if I try, I literallt vomit.

Ennis-TX Grand Master
2 minutes ago, BilliB said:

Pistachio and cashew are out. I bought both, tried them 3 days apart. Awful dia and stomach pain/gas. Tingly mouth feel, a few hives, but not terrible. It was too bad to continue to eat. Almonds were worse. I guess coconut might be the same. Dried fruit started doing the same damn thing to me. 

I got reduced lean sirloin. It.seemed to be ok. Trouble is, I cant always set up to cook. Chicken, same thing. Eggs are still ok, minus yolk. The yolk sets off pain. I kinda try.to tolerate it, as I hate wasted food.

Some one was happy, I gave away all the nuts and dried fruit, but you cant go offering people yolks.

Ild enjoy chips, cake, muffins. There is no way I can manage the gluten-free versions of anything. I tried. It was ugly.

Its the days when I cant cook which get hungry. Ready cooked gluten-free sliced meats are ok, if expensive and prob horrible for me.

I dont seem to manage any chocolate or candy. Not even ocho bars. I get bad dia and pain. Mouth tingle isnt too bad, but stomach says no. I feel so sick if I try, I literallt vomit.

Might try pure coconut, Pistachio used to be on my banned list at first, they are fine as a treat now.

Cocoa is a issue with histamines, I take it you tried the plain pure hearshy cocoa powder without sugar/BS. and dried fruits are often also and sometimes have sulfites added, does this ring any bells?

Egg yolks was on my NO list for about 4 years. I recently can tolerate them when cooked and in moderation never more then 1 if even.
And yeah without wholesale...carton egg whites are not exactly budget friendly.

You said you can not cook but chicken was alright. I have found canned cooked chicken at like $5-6 for a value pack of 4-8 cans depending on size. AND much more healthy then those odd deli monstrosities. Can eat with your veggies.

Archived