This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Pantry Brownies

mookie03

mookie03 Contributor

For our holiday party today, my mom bought the Gluten Free Pantry brownie mix so that i can have dessert. First, let me just say that i am a huge dessert person and havent had brownies since going gluten-free. But these are AMAZING!!! take no time at all to make- she bought the package at Mrs. Greens but i am sure they sell it at whole foods as well. My mom and dad (not celiacs) each tried one and said they were unbelievable- by anyones standards and better than most glutenful brownies. Give 'em a try if you havent already!

Right now they are sitting in my kitchen and i am trying to put off eating them long enough for the company to get here :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

How exciting...I have a package in my cupboard now...I've been afraid to make them, lol. And, I did indeed buy them at Whole Foods in my area. And, looks like they are dairy free, yippee.

jerseyangel Proficient

I love the GFP brownies! They look and taste like "normal" ones :) . I get them at Whole Foods, Acme, or Shoprite.

mookie03 Contributor

I know! we served them at our holiday party along w/ "gluten-full" carrot cake and cheesecake and guess which was the first to go? Everyone LOVED the brownies and im the only celiac :) Made me feel like i wasnt missing out on anything

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I made them to bring to DH's Christmas Eve and no one knew they were gluten free!!!! I was so excited.

Guest barbara3675

Here is my all-time favorite dessert idea for you----when your brownies come out of the oven, pour lots of Junior Mints on them and let it stand. Do not spread them around. It makes the most wonderful topping...that is if you like Junior Mints. Of course, Junior Mints are gluten-free. I have made this lots and they are very rich, but great. Barbara

mookie03 Contributor
Here is my all-time favorite dessert idea for you----when your brownies come out of the oven, pour lots of Junior Mints on them and let it stand. Do not spread them around. It makes the most wonderful topping...that is if you like Junior Mints. Of course, Junior Mints are gluten-free. I have made this lots and they are very rich, but great. Barbara

MMMMMMMMMMMM....im drooling...great idea!!!! Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
sillyken Enthusiast

Mookie,

I live in a house with a bunch of guys and they all love my brownies. I wanted to make them goey and someone suggested using a tablespoon of gluten-free pudding mix (vanilla or chocolate). It's the best

Ken

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Top them with the junior mints, let that cool THEN frost them with milk chocolate icing. Pour yourself a huge glass of milk and Enjoy!! That is my favorite way to eat them. -Jessica :rolleyes:

Guest nini
Top them with the junior mints, let that cool THEN frost them with milk chocolate icing. Pour yourself a huge glass of milk and Enjoy!! That is my favorite way to eat them. -Jessica :rolleyes:

OMIGOSH! That sounds TOO RICH!!! LOL!

I love brownies, I guess I'm going to have to try these. I love all the other GFP mixes that I have tried so far!

Becky6 Enthusiast

They are GOOD!!

Archived