This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Venting on a Intolerance

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

So I ate something I am obviously sensitive to or intolerant to.....but I have no clue what....AND IT HAPPENED ON MEAL PREP DAY. So the offender is likely present in my prepared meals for the next 4-6 days and I might have to toss them. Going over the list is maddening, I am dealing with diarrhea, and vomiting every time I eat anything or drink anything now so I can not even tell what did it initially. Not gluten, no pain or ataxia, I suspect something else.
List of stuff handled and tasted today it could have been, order from most likely
Monterey Mushrooms, Bella Mushrooms (Learned the compost they are grown on might contain corn husk/cobs. They also said the farm might have used barley seeds to start the spores on but this was NOT gluten reaction).
These new pea protein chips
Thrive Market Marinara
New Container of Julian Bakery Monk Fruit Extract
New Container of Sweet Leaf Natural Stevia (it is cut with inulin and some other stuff, Could corn be in this? Or could my gut bacteria go going crazy?)
Homemade Coconut Lemon Yogurt (The coconut milk could have fermented, lemon was new from just lemon powder)
Homemade Almond Cheddar Cheese (could of cultured too long, the annatto, could be off)
Homemade Hemp Cream cheese with cauliflower (again cultured)
Just Hemp Foods Hemp Powder (cc'ed with something? Tested gluten-free on NIma this round)
Tasted a bit of a Lagsanua I made with Jenno-O italian Turkey, Onion, Garlic, Thrive Marinara, Lisanatii Almond Mozz, and Califlower foods cracker crumbs.

Have some other things I have been eating all week no issues and so I ruled them out. God it is SOO annoying when this happens, I think I am going to throw away the stuff with the sauce, and chips. Tomorrow I have meals with the other stuff, I will go fro there. Something my stomach is hating, bunch of floating slime/film when I vomit.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Oh no!  Do not throw everything away.  That turkey sausage might be the culprit.  It was recalled for salmonella, I think back in December.   It could be contaminated again or you might have some older products.  

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/news/20181224/jennie-o-ground-turkey-recall-expands

cyclinglady Grand Master

Oh what about the mushrooms?  I can not eat them.  

This is pretty interesting:

https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/too-much-of-a-good-thing-mushrooms-intolerance-and-your-genes/

Ennis-TX Grand Master
16 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/too-much-of-a-good-thing-mushrooms-intolerance-and-your-genes/

This is very interesting, mushrooms have been hit and miss for  me with years. Canned Straw Mushrooms from Polar NEVER bother me, fresh ones are like playing russian roulette. I had luck for several months not getting sick with them but tossed the rest of this batch...I do have them in tomorrows quiche ready to bake in the frige with spinach. That will tell me.

I think my turkey was safe, was from a different batch and was the plain ground in the tray.

NOW  I think the culprit was the yogurt....I had put lemon in with the coconut yogurt I cultured with probiotics....last night I took a good wiff...and it smelled like liquor so I think it went bad tossed it.

This morning was completely fine...I rebounded great only lost a half pound....it leaned me out and I laughed cause it was like I did my cutting on a bulk cycle and looked lean for a competition. Amusing how learning about body building and supplementing you know what to take to prevent muscle mass loss when you get sick.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Glad you are feeling better!  

Ennis-TX Grand Master
On 2/15/2019 at 8:07 PM, cyclinglady said:

Update I checked it against my DNA and I do not have the gene for this. >.>  I find it funny straw mushrooms are no issues, neither are 2 others in supplements I tested this week. I tried one bite from one of those bella mushrooms again no issues (have them frozen). Who knows I will chock past issues up to intolerance or CC.

Archived