This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ronkonoma Ny

Kim

Kim Explorer

Is there a local support group in this area? If so, can you please let me have the contact information?

Thanks so much.

Kim.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Hi Kim--I live in East Islip, the only support group I know of around here meets in West Islip. It's called the Suffolk County Celiac Support Group.

Group: Suffolk County Celiacs - a Branch of GIG

City: Suffolk County

Contacts:

Les Doti

PO Box 13

Kings Park, NY 11754-0013

631 724-6631

Barbara Pepitone, Patchogue

631 363-6429

Michael Thorn, Shirley

631 395-5071

Dianna Busch, Lindenhurst

516 382-3346

April Mitzman, Greenlawn

631 261-2450

Internet:

Les Doti, doti@optonline.net

Updated: 04 July 2004

They are a nice group of people--welcome to our group. Feel free to email me at darlindeb25@aol.com put celiac in the subject line. There's a restuarant in Oakdale called "Mama's" that has gluten free pizza on Wednesday nights. Drop me a line--Deb

darlindeb25 Collaborator

By the way--they meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month on Higbie Lane at an old elementry school in West Islip. Deb

jkmunchkin Rising Star

My husband works in Bohemia and a lot of my friends/roomates in college were from Ronkonkoma.

We live in Westchester and I work in the city but I've been dying to go to Mama's for their gluten-free menu. We went to Pace's Steakhouse in Happague for his work Christmas party and they were so great about making sure everything was safe for me. If you are looking to go out for a nice meal I would highly reccomend Pace's. They really couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating.

Kim Explorer

Thank you so much for the information. I should have been more clear -- it was for someone else (I live in Pittsburgh) but I am going to pass it along. Thanks again. It's so wonderful that everyone is so helpful.

Kim.

Cams304 Newbie
By the way--they meet on the 1st Tuesday of the month on Higbie Lane at an old elementry school in West Islip. Deb

Are they meeting Jan 2???????? Carol from West Islip

• 4 months later...
laurichick Newbie
I live in East Islip,

You live in east islip?! I live ther too! How crazy! i just went to my first meeting there last week!

im also helping out at the vendor fair june 11 too!

Where you there at the may 06 meeting?

LaURi*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator

No Lauri--I didn't make it to the meeting. The pollen wars are so bad here right now and I was so sick last Tuesday--I came home from work and went to bed. I work at Island Optical Center on Main, near the library. One of our eyewear reps is married to a member of the group--I can't think of her name, but his is Tony. I just emailed Barb about being sick--I will be at the vendor fair too, volunteered for as much time as my body will allow me to give. I guess we will meet soon, won't we. Deb

• 3 weeks later...
laurichick Newbie
No Lauri--I didn't make it to the meeting. The pollen wars are so bad here right now and I was so sick last Tuesday--I came home from work and went to bed. I work at Island Optical Center on Main, near the library. One of our eyewear reps is married to a member of the group--I can't think of her name, but his is Tony. I just emailed Barb about being sick--I will be at the vendor fair too, volunteered for as much time as my body will allow me to give. I guess we will meet soon, won't we. Deb

Yah Deb! I live right by where you work! see you at the fair! :D

Archived