• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Jeepster

Famous Dave's Barbeque

Rate this topic

Famous Dave's BBQ in central NJ is a favorite of my in-laws (and therefore my wife). They do not offer any allergen info on their website and since being diagnosed last year I've managed to steer them to safer alternatives, but I think my time is running out. Anyone have positive or negative experiences to share regarding this restaurant before a social obligation puts me back there?

They have a list, ask the manager. I don't know about cf, but I eat there and I always get the country roasted chicken (there are 2 sauces that are ok, Texas Pit and Georgia Mustard) and unseasoned green beans. Never had a problem.

Oh i definately do. We have one here we i live and i had to go there for a baby shower. I nicely asked the server if they had anything that might be gluten free and she brought me back a stack of papers that they had copied off with every single ingredient for ever single item on there menue. It was rediculious. I ended up with a hamburger patty and a tiny bowl of mashed potatoes. I found them to not be helpful at all.