Rate this topic

I had a blood test from an allergist and my ECP levels were 3x normal range. ECP differs from standard eosinophil percentage that is common in a CBC blood test. 

Levels are 66.7ug/l normal is <20ug/l.

From what I read this is pretty dangerous and is also a marker for tumours or can cause organ damage. It is also termed as eosinophilia which is quite scary. 

I couldn’t find anything related to this on the forum which also makes me wonder what is going on. Any advice?

6A250CD3-388F-4325-A272-32F4CDC46C25.jpeg

"I'm pretty low on Vitamin D, but every time I take any type of supplement I have bad reactions. I even went out my way to findVitamin D that is organic and has no sweeteners, fillers or any other ingredients other than what is core to makingvitamin D. But hey, my body doesn't like it."

2 hours ago, Defokus said:

I had a blood test from an allergist and my ECP levels were 3x normal range. ECP differs from standard eosinophil percentage that is common in a CBC blood test. 

Levels are 66.7ug/l normal is <20ug/l.

From what I read this is pretty dangerous and is also a marker for tumours or can cause organ damage. It is also termed as eosinophilia which is quite scary. 

I couldn’t find anything related to this on the forum which also makes me wonder what is going on. Any advice?

6A250CD3-388F-4325-A272-32F4CDC46C25.jpeg

Defokus, 

Get your Vitamin D level up!  

Vitamin D is extremely important to your health!  Low Vitamin D levels affect many of your body's functions and your immune system. 

Low Vitamin D can make your eosinophils go crazy....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29050663

"Vitamin D-deficiency induces eosinophil spontaneous activation"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28830802

"Impact of vitamin D deficiency on increased blood eosinophil counts"

Low Vitamin D also affects your liver...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5622775/#sec3-nutrients-09-01015title

"Vitamin D Supplementation and Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease"

I'm allergic to fish and shellfish, and have reactions to cod liver oil and krill oil (both are sources of Vitamin D).    Lanolin in another fat based Vitamin D source.  Some Celiacs have difficulty absorbing fats like these and so you might opt for a "dry Vitamin D" supplement.  Desiccated Liver supplements are a good source of Vitamin D as well as Vitamin A and B12. There are also vegan sources of Vitamin D.  These are made from microalgae and lichen.  

Vitamin D 3 is the natural form of Vitamin D and is easily used by the body.  Vitamin D 2 is the synthetic form which is often prescribed, but is not as well used by the body.  This is the form added to fortified milk.  Some Celiacs become lactose intolerant due to damage to their intestinal villi which produce enzymes to digest dairy. So, dairy with its D2 might not be a good choice.  

Once you have a significant deficiency, it's very hard to make it up by just getting enough sun (especially in the northern latitude where you are) or consuming Vitamin D rich foods like salmon or milk or liver.  (Actually I like eating liver!)

Optimum Vitamin D level should be 30 ng/ml (75 nmol/l) or above.  At these higher levels, Vitamin D can work as it was intended and fight autoimmune problems. 

I had a severe Vitamin D deficiency.  I can't express what a difference getting my Vitamin D level up made to my health.

Please don't ignore your Vitamin D deficiency.   Try different Vitamin D supplements until you find one you can tolerate and that works for you and you will see many of your health problems improve.  

Hope this helps!

Knitty Kitty