• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I recently went to the Gastroenterologist who told me something about possibly having celiac disease something about my upper GI I had in 2016 of there being a small trace of something that could indicate celiac disease. Anyway, he sent me for blood work and everything came back normal, except my glucose was slightly elevated at 103 other than that CMP and CBC was normal and my lipase serum was 54 u/l so could I still have Celiac Disease? 

If you still eat gluten regularly it would make sense to get a follow up celiac disease blood panel. Definitely talk to your doctor in more detail about you biopsy results, but with the little info you gave us here there’s no way to tell for sure.

Thanks for your reply 😊 I guess I should be more specific lol I'm all over the place sometimes. So the upper gi was performed in 2016. The blood work u just picked up today. I have been having horrible tummy issues like constipation, heartburn "gerd" if u will. And just this week my belly has been swollen. I have horrible gas like not burping. But belching. I've always ate bread chips cereal never a problem. But if this could be celiac I dont want it. I will give up all that to not have all this terrible gas and heartburn. Anyways, could Celiac be diagnosed still if my Lipase blood work came out normally. 

4 minutes ago, Lesluvs37 said:

Thanks for your reply 😊 I guess I should be more specific lol I'm all over the place sometimes. So the upper gi was performed in 2016. The blood work u just picked up today. I have been having horrible tummy issues like constipation, heartburn "gerd" if u will. And just this week my belly has been swollen. I have horrible gas like not burping. But belching. I've always ate bread chips cereal never a problem. But if this could be celiac I dont want it. I will give up all that to not have all this terrible gas and heartburn. Anyways, could Celiac be diagnosed still if my Lipase blood work came out normally. 

Lipase is not a test for Celiac.  Did they do actual Celiac blood tests?  If you have been eating gluten consistently since 2016, you should get the Celiac blood tests.  CBC, etc are not for diagnosing Celiac

You need the full Celiac blood panel, this disease can develop any time.  The upper GI scope (Endoscope) is normally done after with biopsies to check for damage. Some people do not show on the blood test but will still have the damage. I will give you some info post on the blood test screening and the scope diagnosis. But you need to really see about eating gluten every day and finishing testing properly. 
https://celiac.org/about-celiac-disease/screening-and-diagnosis/screening/
https://celiac.org/about-celiac-disease/screening-and-diagnosis/diagnosis/

PS I had the constipation issue before diagnosis, Natural Vitality Calm will help, the issue is from magnesium deficiency. Start with 1/4tsp or 2 grams and up the dose 2g each day til your get loose stools. Then back down 2g. You have to dose to tolerance with this stuff. 

Thank u all for the Response! I will check with my doctor in a few weeks 😊 All this info is so new to me, so thank u for all the info❤

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.