• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

NoGlutensToday

Makeup to cover DH scars on forehead?

Rate this topic

Hi folks,

I have scars on my forehead and around my temples from years of untreated/undiagnosed DH. I am interested in trying some makeup to help reduce the visibility and patchwork coloration of the scars. I dont know a lot about makeup. I am a male caucasian. Anybody know if this would work/worth trying? Are there resources available that would help me learn more?

You might try doing a search on you tube for techniques.  There are lots of make up artists on there.  Plenty for men too.  The goal is to look like you have nothing on.  

In our family, we use Physician’s Formula green concealer to cover redness.  Then lightly apply a mineral foundation (Neutrogena) with a sponge or brush over it and blend.  The goal is took look like you do not have on foundation.  Less is more.  I like Mineral powder over a liquid because it provides very light coverage.  You just have to experiment.  

https://www.livestrong.com/article/283958-how-to-cover-up-a-big-scar-on-the-face/

I use Gabriel, Zuzu, or Andrea Rose cosmetic concealers, all Gluten Free and Fragrance Free. I have scars from surgery and red marks from hemangiomas. I just dab some on and let dry happy a second coat in those areas. With my age I avoid powders that make skin look more wrinkled.

I'm a big fan of the Bare Minerals powder type mineral foundations you buff on. Afterglow Cosmetics is a gluten free brand. I don't have scars or discoloration but my sister does, and she loves it and it doesn't feel heavy like liquid foundation.