• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I have been going to this wellness center and they did a bunch of test on me and now I have lupus since they told me I feel it every where they said I loose mussel and I did today I couldn't even pick up 5gallon bucket I'm just over freaking out once it's in my head I think I'm dieing they they said my kidneys are not working properly neither is my man I can't remember it wasn't my liver but another organ is working properly I guess I'm allergic to a bunch of things I ate in the last week because I didn't know , garlic, black and white pepper, chocolate, cranberries, Brewers yeast, bakers yeast, lime, flaxseed, grapes, Honey dew, goat's milk, millet, pistachio, those are all my new allergies besides everything outside so to get to the point can any one tell me about lupus I read online but I guess I don't understand how it effects you like does that cause my heart palpitations, or is that why I can't lift things I'm weak , I don't know if I'm not feeling better because like the lupus is really hurting my insides or if it's still from eating that stuff . I forgot to say I went to Dr yesterday and found all those things out sucks cause 90% of my food has one of those ingredients . 

I do not know much about lupus but one of my customers at my bakery says she eats gluten free because of it. A bit of a light to your allergies, I know I keep reading they are life long but I had "Capsicum annuum" (Paprika, bell peppers, jalapenos etc) and along with corn, beets, whey, and a few others show up on my allergy test years ago.  I removed them for a year and tried them later on and off. The beets capsicum annuum, have gone away but I react much worse to whey and corn now. 
For now looks like your going to be doing home cooking with fresh unseasoned ingredients til your immune system chills out. You can season with fresh herbs to get flavor while avoiding your allergens it seems from your list. Think like basil, thyme, oregano, etc. The kidney issues also mean a specific diet avoiding salt, and some other things. You should probably see about talking to a nutritionist. 

The lifting something heavy, I am unsure if lupus effects are similar to gluten ataxia but I can not lift stuff, constantly drop stuff, and have coordination issues for few days after exposure.  It does seem to resolve after a bit but I am assuming this has to do with antibodies going down.

Hi Daphne,

I don't know much about lupus but I know it is a serious disease.  I suggest you find a different doctor and get a 2nd opinion on it to be sure.

I agree that you should get another opinion from a medical doctor.  Alternative wellness centers might be helpful, but not always.  I just read this article about a study done concerning celiac disease.  So many naturopaths and chiropractors are not diagnosing celiac disease correctly.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-altmed-celiac/alternative-medicine-practitioners-may-market-bogus-celiac-tests-treatments-idUSKCN1S74G0

In my non-medical opinion, those allergy (IgG) tests are not accurate at all (and the board of certified allergy and Immunology agrees).  This site explains it well.  

https://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/page/unproven-methods-food-allergy-tests.aspx

You probably should be diagnosed by a rheumatologist (MD) who specializes in lupus.  I do not know your health insurance situation, but it is definitely worth further investigation.  

23 minutes ago, Daphne do said:

Thank I will call a rheumatologist on Monday and I'll see if the regular Dr for allergy test

In the meantime, consider a food/environmental journal.  Often that is a great approach in helping to identify allergies or food intolerances.  Of course, avoiding gluten is critical.  I know if I get gluten exposures, it seems to set off my other autoimmune disorders.  

So I live in upper Michigan I call the only rheumatologist in Marquette and they are not taking any new patients now I have to go to Green Bay and pay $350 just to ask them to take the test for lupus that doesn't seem fair 

19 minutes ago, kareng said:

I don’t know much about Lupus - could your regular doctor order the test?

I don't know I have an appointment on Thursday this week to ask them because I couldn't go to rheumatologist I'll let you know

I went to the Dr in Marquette mi and he listen to me for once they took 10 viles of blood from me cause there is not one test for lupus so he's doing them all and I'm got referred to a allergist im very surprised that he actually did the test at first the nurse said I don't think your insurance will pay for it I said I would pay for it so not sure if I have to pay or insurance but they did the test in a month I get the results