• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

hoooperman

Aesthetic Improvements After Going Gluten-Free?

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac around a month ago and been on the gluten free diet ever since. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed significant aesthetic improvements to their face regarding skin etc. For me personally, I have always had poor, sensative and quite pale skin. Since being on the gluten free diet, my skin has completely changed, acne has become seldom and I have gained a great deal of colour to my skin tone. I have also always been someone with what I would describe as a “puffy” Face- Big, fat, almost swollen looking in the areas around my cheeks and eyes (despite having an extremely skinny body). Since being on the diet my face has slimmed down significantly, and looks more even and symmetrical. Was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar stories that they could share? 

Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that is systemic and inflammatory.    It can impact literally any body system, including skin.   By being able to better absorb nutrients and probably making healthier food choices, your face is looking better!  Not unusual at all!  

Yep, little things, like always having those pimples, (I got them on my back also), swollen looks (I had it full body). You will probably notice a bunch of little things and quirks you used to take for granted about your body change for the better.