• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac disease via blood test and a endoscopy just before Xmas last year and have been on a gluten-free diet for 6 months; not eating out cooking all my own whole foods and fruit and eating no oats or diary.

My bloods show I have now done back to the normal range and I am very strict  with my diet, I have been having problems with my stools for months floating and soft stools after going on a gluten-free diet which now seems to have cleared up the last few weeks.

over the last 4 or 5 day I have been getting a pain under my left ribs, it’s not my ribs though and it’s not there in the Morning but as the day goes on and as I eat it comes on.

its a dull ache that comes for a few seconds then dies off and then comes again for a few second periods of about 30 mins then goes to later come back an hour or two later.

The full pain is about 2 on scale of 10 being the highest, has anyone else had anything like this?

Sorry, I did not see this post.  

I get stomach discomfort as my stomach empties into my small intestine after a gluten exposure (which triggers a temporary lactose intolerance)  or it can occur when my autoimmune gastritis acts up.  

You might still have same damage despite your antibodies coming down.  The celiac antibodies tests are not really designed for dietary compliance.  However, they are the only non-evasive “tool in the tool box”.  

Look to your diet for a gluten exposure or a new food.  If this fails, see your doctor.  I was sure that I had a gluten exposure a few years back.  My DGP IgA was very elevated.  After a repeat biopsy, I found that I had healed from celiac disease but was diagnosed with autoimmune gastritis.  Not everything is due to active celiac disease.  

I hope this helps.