Rate this topic

I just have a question I'm almost positive I'm allergic to gluten I've been on a gluten free diet for 3 months and I love it I haven't been sick once every time I've ever ate a Frito pie I've gotten sick but I ate some wolf brand chilli and was fine so do Fritos have gluten or I'm allergic to corn also

Edited by paratrooper8277
Misspelled word

1 hour ago, paratrooper8277 said:

I just have a question I'm almost positive I'm allergic to gluten I've been on a gluten free diet for 3 months and I love it I haven't been sick once every time I've ever ate a Frito pie I've gotten sick but I ate some wolf brand chilli and was fine so do Fritos have gluten or I'm allergic to corn also

Plain Fritos are gluten-free.  They even say so on the bag.  I eat them way more than I should.  😄

Fritos are gluten free.  I looked up Wolf’s mild chili with beans (Wolf is part of ConAgra which will identify all main allergens as identified by the FDA) and it contains oats.  Maybe you are reacting to oats.  Bet those oats were not grown in Dedicated fields.  

https://smartlabel.labelinsight.com/product/4383093/ingredients

Consider making your own chili using Caroll Shelby’s which is a Texas product and  gluten-free (used to be certified) Just add the seasoning mix, a can of crushed or diced tomatoes, green chilies, and browned/cooked turkey or beef.  Easy and fast!  

https://www.carrollshelbyschili.com/products

Or....get Hormel.  It even says gluten free on the label which means they are positive that it is below 20 ppm.  We use Hormel when camping.  It is good over gluten-free noodles too.  

Edited by cyclinglady

Yeah wolf brand is not safe....learned that years ago, heck it used to be made in the next town over and I grew up on it...after dia. and the diet I learned it was not safe anymore. Make my own from scratch now days.