This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Chip Dips

sdore

sdore Enthusiast

Does anyone have a good chip dip recipe? I always use Kraft ranch dressing but I miss the good old sour crream dressings! I know that Kraft makes a french onion dip. It's just not my favorite.

Thanks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular
Does anyone have a good chip dip recipe? I always use Kraft ranch dressing but I miss the good old sour crream dressings! I know that Kraft makes a french onion dip. It's just not my favorite.

Thanks!!!

What kind of dip? I'm partial to hummus (garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt), or guacamole (all kinds of ways to make this one!), or black bean dip. I make a fake ranch (can't have dairy) from raw cashews, water, salt, dill, and onion/garlic powders. I'm also quite partial to salsa (mostly the tomato, onion, cucumber, jalapeno variety).

Guest Viola

Philidelphia Cheese chip dips are gluten free and yummy :P

Guest nini

Fantastic Foods makes dried instant soup packets that you can mix with sour cream for yummy dips...

for a great dip with taco chips I like to mix Green Mtn. Gringo Salsa with Sour Cream and Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese, just stir it up and eat it cold! You can also mix in softened cream cheese and then chill it for a while, this is really decadent...

another taco chip dip that I like is melted velveeta and pace picante salsa (put the velveeta and the salsa together in a microwave safe bowl and heat till melted, stirring often...

Also, The Gluten Free Pantry has seasoning mixes and I like to take the French Onion Soup season mix and add that to sour cream... YUM!

JacobsMom Contributor
Fantastic Foods makes dried instant soup packets that you can mix with sour cream for yummy dips...

for a great dip with taco chips I like to mix Green Mtn. Gringo Salsa with Sour Cream and Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese, just stir it up and eat it cold! You can also mix in softened cream cheese and then chill it for a while, this is really decadent...

another taco chip dip that I like is melted velveeta and pace picante salsa (put the velveeta and the salsa together in a microwave safe bowl and heat till melted, stirring often...

Also, The Gluten Free Pantry has seasoning mixes and I like to take the French Onion Soup season mix and add that to sour cream... YUM!

We eat alot of Rotel dip with Velveeta and Rotel Tomatoes...I also make a Chili Dip that is pretty good...You just take a Can of Chili and a jar of Salsa....You can put cheese on top of it if you like...Bake in the oven until hot and there you go..Very easy....I will make a taco salad with it also sometimes...

Lisa Mentor

Lipton Onion Dry Soup Mix with sour cream.

jnifred Explorer

MIx sour cream, salsa and shredded sharp cheddar. so yummy!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sdore Enthusiast

Thanks! I'll try them!

carriecraig Enthusiast

I like to make this taco dip, and use the Tostitos scoops with it.

In a 8" round or square pan layer:

A can of refried beans on the bottom

Mix sour cream and taco seasoning mix (make sure it is a gluten-free packet), and put on top of the beans

Sprinkle on some shredded cheese

Shred some lettuce and add

Top with chopped tomato

And add black olives and guacamole if you like

Enjoy!

:D

Felidae Enthusiast
What kind of dip? I'm partial to hummus (garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt), or guacamole (all kinds of ways to make this one!), or black bean dip. I make a fake ranch (can't have dairy) from raw cashews, water, salt, dill, and onion/garlic powders. I'm also quite partial to salsa (mostly the tomato, onion, cucumber, jalapeno variety).

Yay my computer is fixed. Anyway, do you have a recipe for black bean dip. I eat hummus, guac. and salsa almost daily, so it would be fun to add a fourth dip. Okay, I admit it, I eat hummus every day.

giraffelover Newbie

I mix garlic salt and onion powder into sour cream. Then I add dried chives and chill overnight. This makes a good dip for veggies and chips.

tarnalberry Community Regular
Yay my computer is fixed. Anyway, do you have a recipe for black bean dip. I eat hummus, guac. and salsa almost daily, so it would be fun to add a fourth dip. Okay, I admit it, I eat hummus every day.

the black bean dip I usually make is a can of black beans, some oil packed sun dried tomatoes, chili powder, cayanne powder, garlic (or garlic powder), and salt to taste, blended up in a food processor. but there's a bunch of variations on this theme!

Felidae Enthusiast

That's a great start to a new dip. Thank you.

jams Explorer
Lipton Onion Dry Soup Mix with sour cream.

This is gluten-free? When I called about it they told me it was not gluten-free. I loved to used the soup mix in roasts in the crock pot!!

Lisa Mentor

Lipton Dry ONION Mix is the only mix that IS gluten free, other mixes are NOT :)

jams Explorer
Lipton Dry ONION Mix is the only mix that IS gluten free, other mixes are NOT :)

AWESOME!! You made my day!! :D

Lisa Mentor

jams:

Lipton ONION mix makes a wonderful beef stew.

Brown some stew meat in corn oil. Add two envelopes of Liption ONION mix and enough water to cover the meat through cooking time. When meat starts falling apart and tender add slices carrots an pealed potatoes cook until tender. Add some french herbs, and my secret some real better. Serve with some gluten free cornbread. (forgot add some Sherry, or Marsella Wine or Sweet Vermouth, yum)

A wonderful cold night supper. (also good for breakfast ;)

Hope you enjoy.

Lisa B

• 3 weeks later...
pinkpei77 Contributor

all of cabot dips are gluten free too.

and also fantastic foods dry soup/dip mix with sour cream are excellent!!

• 5 years later...
Tabz Contributor

:)

velveeta salsa dip

ingredients

1/2 jar chi chi's black bean and corn thick chunky salsa

half a big box of velveeta cheese, cubed

1/8 c. jalpino slices (optional)

directions

on medium heat cook salsa mix in velveeta, keep stiring until it melts.

then remove from heat, stir in jalpino slices, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

its even good with mexican velveeta too

kareng Grand Master

Please note: any product information in these post are almost 6 years old. Product ingredients may have changed since then

Archived