This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Picazzo's Gluten Free Pizza

VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Hey everyone,

During my recent trip to Tempe to watch my beloved Buckeyes beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl, I was able to stop by Picazzo's and try their gluten free pizza.

Let me tell you, it is great and it tastes like real pizza -- two of my friends even had the gluten-free version (they do not have celiac disease) and they loved it!!

Our waiter knew all about celiac disease and even offered me a gluten-free beer (Ramapo Valley) -- they carry it in the bottle.

I had my first "deluxe=supreme" pizza in 8 years -- soooooo good

The salads were good too (I had the walnut/bleu cheese salad)

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hubby is a die hard Fighting Irish fan. He's still crying about that game...... lol!

I was up on the second floor in the bedrooms putting clothes away, and I could hear him from the basement yelling at the TV. :P

Karen

happygirl Collaborator

My husband is also a huge ND fan and was very sad.....

I have a great friend out in Tempe, I think I might need to go visit her and try some pizza!

LJ,

Congrats on Penn State's victory!!

that poor Freshman kicker -- thank goodness he got a chance to redeem himself the third time!!!

The Big Ten started bad, but the top 3 teams all won their games (PSU, OSU and Wisconsin) -- Iowa got hosed on that onside kick...

Go Big Ten (3-4 this year in the bowls-- blech!!)

jknnej Collaborator

I go to Picazzo's in Tempe several times a week...today as I was waiting for my take out garlic cheese bread and caesar salad a man walked in and spoke with the manager.

He said he was from NY, just got here, had Celiac Disease, and was starving! I didn't get to talk with him, but maybe he reads this board?

Anyway, thank God for Picazzo's. It's one of the few places I can eat and feel safe and the food is terrific.

Guest gfinnebraska

Go BIG XII!!! Woohoo ~ Texas Longhorns... :D Hey, if Nebraska couldn't be in the bid for National Champions... at least a Big 12 team won!! :P

P.S. Yes, Picazzo's sent me 3 pizzas to try... I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!! I am still waiting to hear if they are "officially" mailing pizzas.

maxcarr Newbie

Thanks for telling us about this, I'm heading out to AZ next week run a marathon, and would love nothing more than a pizza and beer after!! Can't wait to try it out!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jknnej Collaborator

Are you coming for the PF Chang's marathon?

maxcarr Newbie

Yes I am! It's my first marathon...and I must say it was a bit of a bummer when they announced that Powerbar was supplying the gel and energy drink...none of their stuff is considered gluten-free! But otherwise I'm very excited!

jknnej Collaborator

Cool! Good for you! Let me know if you have any questions about Arizona or need suggestions or directions anywhere!!!

Jenn:)

maxcarr Newbie

Thanks Jenn - we're staying with a friend of mine in Scottsdale, so she's got it all worked out! I can't wait to try the pizza though! Thanks for the offers!

max

Silver-naki Rookie

Hey..... are there any Picazzo's in & around YUMA, that anybody knows about? My in-laws are currently down there staying at their Summer home, & I can ask them if they've ever eaten at one of these. Therefore, if I ever go to Arizona sometime, I'll know right where to head, to Dine out! Thanks!!

happygirl Collaborator

mmm....let me know if they decide to "officially" ship the pizzas. I am drooling. :)

sspitzer5 Apprentice
Hey everyone,

During my recent trip to Tempe to watch my beloved Buckeyes beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl, I was able to stop by Picazzo's and try their gluten free pizza.

Let me tell you, it is great and it tastes like real pizza -- two of my friends even had the gluten-free version (they do not have celiac disease) and they loved it!!

Our waiter knew all about celiac disease and even offered me a gluten-free beer (Ramapo Valley) -- they carry it in the bottle.

I had my first "deluxe=supreme" pizza in 8 years -- soooooo good

The salads were good too (I had the walnut/bleu cheese salad)

Open Original Shared Link

I was just in Phoenix for a meeting and tried Picazzo's. It was AMAZINGLY GREAT! I thought I would never eat pizza that good again. Gonna have to write them a thank you letter.

Susan

maxcarr Newbie

I have to agree! I went to the one in Scottsdale on Monday night and I was like a little kid! The pizza was sooo good, and a gluten free beer, and no explanations necessary! It was heaven!

I am taking a road trip to Sedona or Tempe again next month -- I need that PIZZA (hahaha)

Seriously, it was sooooooooooo good!

• 2 months later...

I'm going back tomorrow for a night in Phoenix and Friday morning meetings.

I will be at Picazzos' for the best gluten free pizza I've ever had.

They just added some new gluten free appetizers too:

1. Roasted Garlic and Brie on gluten free flatbread

2. Hummus platter on gluten free flatbread

3. Garlic Gluten Free Cheese Bread

4. Baked Portabllo Mushroom stuffed with ricotta, fontina, red wine, olive oil and sun dried tomatoes

OH BOY< I can't wait..

I will probably get the Garlic Brie and Flatbread and the biggest Pepperoni Pizza in the place...and a Ramapo Valley Gluten Free Beer for good measure...

<Bronco Smiling>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mvaught
I'm going back tomorrow for a night in Phoenix and Friday morning meetings.

I will be at Picazzos' for the best gluten free pizza I've ever had.

They just added some new gluten free appetizers too:

1. Roasted Garlic and Brie on gluten free flatbread

2. Hummus platter on gluten free flatbread

3. Garlic Gluten Free Cheese Bread

4. Baked Portabllo Mushroom stuffed with ricotta, fontina, red wine, olive oil and sun dried tomatoes

OH BOY< I can't wait..

I will probably get the Garlic Brie and Flatbread and the biggest Pepperoni Pizza in the place...and a Ramapo Valley Gluten Free Beer for good measure...

<Bronco Smiling>

okay - i'm totally jealous.

Archived