skbird

Review Of Crave Bakery

Rate this topic

I think that's the name. I got one at Whole Foods yesterday, it was $7.50 (around that amount) and it's personal sized, the diameter of a celiac disease, approximately. It is dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. I totally splurged in buying it but couldn't pass it up. The way I am I am making four servings from it.

It tastes and has the texture of a regular cake - maybe a little denser, but still great. It is made of rice, tapioca, arrowroot, and some other flours, and also has some applesauce in the recipe (though I couldn't taste it anywhere in the cake).

Being hypoglycemic and not doing well on a lot of sugar, it's a good thing I live far from Crave bakery - it's in SF but they supply some Whole Food's (the one I went to was in Sacramento).

I also picked up the Whole Foods Bakehouse pizza crusts from the freezer - haven't tried yet but they look good and no potato starch, like most of their other products so far. Also not a bad deal, $8.89 for two that look to be a foot in diameter. Pricier than Boboli but cheaper than a delivery pizza. the rest of their treats were too pricey for me, $12 for a half tray of brownies? $9 for 8 ginger spice cookies? $8-9 for a loaf of bread? No thanks. I'll stick to Manna from Anna bread and Pamela's cookies.

Stephanie

I think that's the name. I got one at Whole Foods yesterday, it was $7.50 (around that amount) and it's personal sized, the diameter of a celiac disease, approximately. It is dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. I totally splurged in buying it but couldn't pass it up. The way I am I am making four servings from it.

It tastes and has the texture of a regular cake - maybe a little denser, but still great. It is made of rice, tapioca, arrowroot, and some other flours, and also has some applesauce in the recipe (though I couldn't taste it anywhere in the cake).

Hey Stephanie!

I was really impressed with the Crave cake. It's pretty cute too....I got it for my desert on Thanksgiving. It just looked "perfect" in the box...and it was. :) I wouldnt have known it was dairy and gluten free...it didnt taste any different to me.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the dairy free part. Soooooo goood...... <Homer sound>

Wish I had more...

Stephanie :)