• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

sneako

Point Me To Details On Food Log

Rate this topic

Can someone point me to some posts on keeping foodlogs please?

I'm half dead right now from being glutened today and can't really think of any keywords to make searches for it.

You can do a search for food diary.

When you are keeping one you need to write down every single thing that goes into your mouth.

Medicines

Food and drink and how much

candy and chewing gum

toothpastes

anything that passes through your lips should go down on paper. Then I always write how I am feeling so that I can look back and maybe pinpoint something. Do this for a while and hopefully you will pick out a pattern in your eating or find a hidden source of gluten. Good Luck!! Feel free to post the list here if you are needing some help picking out the culprit. People are more than willing to go through the list for you.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Can someone point me to some posts on keeping foodlogs please?

I'm half dead right now from being glutened today and can't really think of any keywords to make searches for it.

Are you talking about finding lists of foods that are gluten free? If so, try reading some of the entries on this site, Google GIG or go to Clan Thompson and download their Celiac Food Smart Lists. I know of other sites (ones that post brand names are good), but unfortunately I have to go to work now. :(

I'll check back later to see if this is on the right track.

Cindy

angel is on the right track, however what form of paper am I supposed to do this on? And how in depth does it have to be? Like when I make something with 20 some odd ingredients, do I have to enter every ingredient? Or if I make a pizza with dough from home, and ingredients from work what do I do? Is said diary a binder with one page per day? A pocketsized thing?

angel is on the right track, however what form of paper am I supposed to do this on? And how in depth does it have to be? Like when I make something with 20 some odd ingredients, do I have to enter every ingredient? Or if I make a pizza with dough from home, and ingredients from work what do I do? Is said diary a binder with one page per day? A pocketsized thing?

Whatever works best for you. I personally find myself at a computer almost all day long, so i prefer to do it online. When i first went gluten-free, i used the Notepad on my yahoo account, so i could access it from any computer by logging into my email. Another site you can try is Sparkpeople.com. Its a nutrition site and you can enter in everything you eat.

It has to be as in depth as you need it to be. I mean, if you make something and have the recipe, you dont necessarily need to write them down, you can always refer back to the recipe if necessary. But if you make pasta w/ tomato sauce and put vegetables and cheese on it, i would write all those things down, not just "pasta"...does that help?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • April 24, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com