Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for about 2 months now and feeling really good for the last few weeks, but tonight I ate quinoa for the first time since going gluten free and about an hour later had what I would describe as an attack.  I am having horrible stomach pains.  Has anyone else experienced this with quinoa?

Unless you got some flavored kind that might have wheat flour in a sauce- it is gluten-free.  But, for me, it was hard to digest when I first went gluten-free.  Maybe the fiber?  

Did you wash it to death?  

But seriously, you have some pretty severe damage (based on your endoscopy done six weeks after you had gone gluten-free and that is very telling).  It is going to take lots of time to heal.  Stick with foods that are easier to digest.  I felt better when I gave up a lot of grains.  They were just too hard to digest.  I can eat them now without pain, but they also happen to contain too many carbs for a diabetic so I only consume them occasionally.  

Ice cream or quinoa?  Hummmmm.......🍦

9 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Did you wash it to death?  

But seriously, you have some pretty severe damage (based on your endoscopy done six weeks after you had gone gluten-free and that is very telling).  It is going to take lots of time to heal.  Stick with foods that are easier to digest.  I felt better when I gave up a lot of grains.  They were just too hard to digest.  I can eat them now without pain, but they also happen to contain too many carbs for a diabetic so I only consume them occasionally.  

Ice cream or quinoa?  Hummmmm.......🍦

I did wash them, but maybe not to death.  LOL   I think I will stick to white rice for now, since I don’t seem to have a problem with it.  There is something up with quinoa with me, so I’ll just stay away from it.  Maybe I’ll try it again in a year.