BarryC

Hard Liquor Intestinal Inflammation?

Rate this topic

Does anyone else notice that while your intestines are healing, especially if you are recently gluten-free, that hard liquor exacerbates the intestinal inflammation? For me wine and gluten-free beer or okay, but cocktails make me bloat. With the holidays approaching, I would like to know what I can say yes and no to! 

If you have intestinal damage drinking liquor is a bad idea, think of your damaged intestines as a carpet burn...now imagine pouring a bit of strong liquor on it...it burns and and turns red right. I would suggest having your cocktails virgin without the liquor, heck just tell others you have a ulcers and it causes issues to simplify it. >.> I ended up buying flavor drops that taste like different drinks...most were a bust but the oooflavors Bourbon flavoring was dead on lol.

Btw for me liquor causes bleeding and flares my Ulcerative Colitis so it definitely causes me inflammation.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:13 AM, BarryC said:

Does anyone else notice that while your intestines are healing, especially if you are recently gluten-free, that hard liquor exacerbates the intestinal inflammation? For me wine and gluten-free beer or okay, but cocktails make me bloat. With the holidays approaching, I would like to know what I can say yes and no to! 

Thanks Ennis. I am trying to go alcohol free anyway. I have tried lots of supplements to speed up the healing of my intestines, just started using Cat's Claw. Seems to be working!