Victoria smiles

My celiac doctor fired me- which canceled my enteroscopy - advice ? It’s so upsetting

Rate this topic

Hi- I’ve seen my celiac doctor since 2017. We had a wonderful relationship. In May 2019- my iron dropped by 50% and my ferritin tripled - inflammation. My celiac antibodies are still trending down. I couldn’t get the doctor to see me. Finally he did. When he did he started ordering a lot of tests. Turned out I had a GI bleed. Anyway - we also did a capsule study. And then onto a enteroscopy with flow cytometry. He sent me a letter stating I asked too many questions and was questing his wording. I didn’t understand. So I am firered from the whole GI department at Johns Hopkins. And my enteroscopy was sceduled in August for 11/4 and they told me today bc I called to confirm something that the test is canceled and I’m fired. Advice ? Obviously I have to find a new doctor. But the enteroscopy is looking for cancer. Ugh. I am so upset. 

I am sorry that this happened to you.  I have had some of my doctors discharge patients when did not comply with their medical advice.  I have not heard that asking too many questions could cause a discharge.  

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-my-doctor-fire-or-dismiss-me-as-a-patient-2615017

I hope you find another doctor soon.  

Yes- it says t in the letter. That I questioned his wording. I didn’t understand some of the words l- so I asked. What is most distressing is the enteroscopy is a very important test and for him to have another GI doctor at Hopkins  cancel the test is wrong. I could Have taken those results and moved on. But now it will take months to start over etc. and to have that test done an even longer time. So I guess you just have to say nothing. 

I don’t think so. They know each other because they both work for Hopkins. But it’s done. The stress from all this mess and trying to heal. I just don’t believe he would do this. It’s because of the lab values he missed and I had to keep asking to see him. He acted very weird on a conference call saying “is anyone in the room with you ?” So weird.