Solafide3

Muscle aches stop and go

Rate this topic

For those of you who have muscle aches, how long did it take yours to stop after going gluten free? Did your aches come back every now and then even though you were sure you had no CC?

Mine are a dull, heavy ache that comes in waves. Sometimes it will be the whole arm, sometimes the palm of my hand. Sometimes my whole leg, sometimes just the bottom of my foot. Does anybody else experience this? I have no vitamin deficiencies.

It sounds like you have been experiencing improvement on the gluten-free diet.   Neurological damage can take the longest to repair or dissipate if it is celiac disease related.  I am talking like 2 to 5 years based on member input.  

Your symptoms are so much like my friend who has fibromyalgia.  She is considering the Autoimmune Paleo Diet (also gluten-free) as am I (I have a couple of other autoimmune disorders on top of celiac disease).   

17 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

It sounds like you have been experiencing improvement on the gluten-free diet.   Neurological damage can take the longest to repair or dissipate if it is celiac disease related.  I am talking like 2 to 5 years based on member input.  

Your symptoms are so much like my friend who has fibromyalgia.  She is considering the Autoimmune Paleo Diet (also gluten-free) as am I (I have a couple of other autoimmune disorders on top of celiac disease).   

Thank you for replying! Is it common for symptoms such as this to wax and wane while healing?