This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Wow Im In Trouble

Guest MSFL

Guest MSFL

All

First time here and im trying to find a solution to my problems. I was diagnosed with Celiacs 2 years ago and the doctor gave me Acid folic and a med called belladonna.

6 months ago i got divorced and my belly started to act up. now i have lost the house, car all my assets and my job , health insurance and so on due to an evil ex wife. It feels like the celiacs has become so much worse to the point where i have lost over 80 lbs and now eat one banana a day.

I have been to the ER and they told me everything was in my head so i did not get any help. Have been there 2 times and the same story.

What can i do to settle down the stomach ? Anytips.. I cant visit my Dr because of the insurance so the only way is to try to do it with out the healthcare.

Oh i forgot.. im starting to have a hard time keeping stuff down and nasuated most of the days. diareea and pain out of this world... Its from the stomach where i always have problems when i eat gluten.

I know all my problems otherwise will be ok... but this is freaking me out...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kevsmom Contributor

MSFL - I am sorry to hear about the rough time that you are going through.

Right now, the first thing that needs to be worked on is getting you feeling better. I suggest that you contact the doctor that diagnosed you with Celiac. You can get a copy of your medical record, so that if you need to go to the Emergency Room again, you have documentation of your medical history.

Maybe the doctor or your local Department of Social Services will work with you to help you get Medical Assistance to pay for physician visits since you are not working. It sounds like you need to have medical attention immediately.

Could you accidently be glutening youself? Check the ingredients in your medications and vitamins to see if they contain gluten. Also, many personal hygiene products can contain gluten - soaps, lotions, etc.

What about cross contamination. I read that at this time all you are eating is one banana a day. Do you wash your hands before eating (you may have touched some crumbs that were hiding somewhere).

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

I have found this board very supportive and knowledgeable. I hope that you can find some answers here as well.

Cindy

celiachap Apprentice

All

First time here and im trying to find a solution to my problems. I was diagnosed with Celiacs 2 years ago and the doctor gave me Acid folic and a med called belladonna. 6 months ago i got divorced and my belly started to act up. now i have lost the house, car all my assets and my job , health insurance and so on due to an evil ex wife. It feels like the celiacs has become so much worse to the point where i have lost over 80 lbs and now eat one banana a day.I have been to the ER and they told me everything was in my head so i did not get any help. Have been there 2 times and the same story.

What can i do to settle down the stomach ? Anytips.. I cant visit my Dr because of the insurance so the only way is to try to do it with out the healthcare. Oh i forgot.. im starting to have a hard time keeping stuff down and nasuated most of the days. diareea and pain out of this world... Its from the stomach where i always have problems when i eat gluten. I know all my problems otherwise will be ok... but this is freaking me out...

Does anybody else have a problem with this story?

Ursa Major Collaborator

MSFL, try a homeopathic remedy called Sepia (you find it in the health food store), it will hopefully calm your stomach. Eating only bananas is a bad idea. Try some white rice and applesauce instead. Drink some chamomile tea, it also helps to calm the stomach.

Do you understand about gluten, that you can't have ANY at all (that means no wheat, rye, barley or oats, or anything made with it, you have to read all the labels)? Check all your shampoos, soaps, lotion etc. for wheat germ and oats as well.

Celiachap, what I see is somebody whose brain is muddled due to gluten, depression and malnourishment, and who is desperate for some real help. Before I diagnosed myself last year I went to the hospital emergency twice without getting any help at all. The second time the doctor and nurses were treating me like a joke and bullying me, I'll never forget that. So much for getting compassion from the health care people!

Guest BERNESES

MSFL- Where are you from? Who gave you Belladonna?

mouse Enthusiast

Right before my diagnosis (almost 2 years ago), I also went to the emergency room with dehydration and was told I was having anxiety attacks. I was down over 50 pounds and was almost in a fetal position. I could not even keep pedia-lite down, let alone a bannana. I don't know why, but when I first read this post, something did not ring right with me. I am like Celiachap. Armetta

loraleena Contributor
All

First time here and im trying to find a solution to my problems. I was diagnosed with Celiacs 2 years ago and the doctor gave me Acid folic and a med called belladonna.

6 months ago i got divorced and my belly started to act up. now i have lost the house, car all my assets and my job , health insurance and so on due to an evil ex wife. It feels like the celiacs has become so much worse to the point where i have lost over 80 lbs and now eat one banana a day.

I have been to the ER and they told me everything was in my head so i did not get any help. Have been there 2 times and the same story.

What can i do to settle down the stomach ? Anytips.. I cant visit my Dr because of the insurance so the only way is to try to do it with out the healthcare.

Oh i forgot.. im starting to have a hard time keeping stuff down and nasuated most of the days. diareea and pain out of this world... Its from the stomach where i always have problems when i eat gluten.

I know all my problems otherwise will be ok... but this is freaking me out...

Did your doctor explain that you can have nothing with wheat, oats, rye or barley and that it is in many hidden sources. Example- modified food starch could mean gluten. Natural flavors can mean gluten. You need a full list of all the hidden sources. It sounds like you are not gluten free. It may also be in shampoos, soaps, aftershaves, toothpaste, etc. Did you see a homeopath. Originally I had a homeopath tell me not to eat wheat, but spelt, kamut was ok. He did not understand that you need to avoid gluten grains, not just wheat. I got very sick with pain nausea while eating these.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

First of all I would SLOWLY get the belladonna (donnatal) out of your system. It can be very addictive. I was also perscribed belladonna for stomach problems, before dx'd. It also could be affecting your appetite, and it is most likely affecting your state of mind adding to your depression.

Second, you must east. The only way to get out of this rut is to do it yourself. So she took your house and car and job, don't let her take the rest of your life. :)

Third, please ask and we can send you specific products that are gluten free. The diet is much more healther than others. And it certainly will put you back on the road to recovery.

Good luck and please keep in touch.

Lisa B

Guest MSFL

Hi all and thanks for you answers. First of all , this is not a joke. Im going through a rough time in my life right now and the only reason i brought it up was due to that i dont know if the stress in my life can affect the celiac. Berneses.. Im from Tampa and Dr feldman gave me the belladonna because of the bad cramps i have had the last year or so.

When it comes to gluten i know im not eating any but i did not know about soap and so on.

I have gone to a diet person and she told me i could not eat wheat. My sister back home in Sweden has the same as me and she filled me on the diet.

Celiachap dont think this is a joke its not. Life is rough and i have hit a part in my life that sounds like a tale , but its true . i have some friends i can seek help with but the health is getting worse and thats whats scares me. WHen i have had my health insurance i have been able to call the BCBS nurses for advice and got some help before contacting a doctor. At this point they wont answer anything because im not with them anymore.

Ursula i will try this items you suggest. Mabye it will help and i really hope it could.

armetta The pain you describe is what i have. sometimes i cant even walk straight and feels like im going go to the bathroom right there and then.

kevsmom: i tried to get medical assistance and i was denied due to i am a resident alien. They suggested i travelled back home to Sweden and got healthcare... i asked them for what money to buy a ticket.

celiachap Apprentice
Hi all and thanks for you answers. First of all , this is not a joke.....I tried to get medical assistance and i was denied due to i am a resident alien. Celiachap dont think this is a joke its not. Life is rough and i have hit a part in my life that sounds like a tale , but its true....They suggested i travelled back home to Sweden and got healthcare... i asked them for what money to buy a ticket.

I didn't say that it was a "joke". I said that I had a "problem" with your posting. It sounded like you were saying that your only source of food is a banana. I also took exception to the claim that your ex-wife was "evil".

Celiac is not the only "problem" that I have and the life that I've lived makes yours look like a fairy-tale. This is not the place to bash your ex-spouse - but if you insist on doing that then don't be surprised when somebody is suspicious of your motives. I've been involved with other message boards over the past few years, and other guys have had the same sob-story about their "relationship" problems: losing the house, no child custody, etc. These topics belong at the bottom of this list, in the "discuss anything but Celiac Disease" category.

This story still sounds fishy. Why can't somebody in your family in Sweden mail you the money to go back? You owned a house, and you don't even have a Visa or Master Card that you could use to get a plane ticket? Stuck in America? I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but it doesn't add up. The taxpayers in the United States are not responsible to shuttle people across the ocean in transcontinental jetliners because of common food disorders.

This forum is about Celiac Disease, not international residency and immigration problems. There are other sites for that.

Just my 2 cents.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I didn't say that it was a "joke". I said that I had a "problem" with your posting. It sounded like you were saying that your only source of food is a banana. I also took exception to the claim that your ex-wife was "evil".

Celiac is not the only "problem" that I have and the life that I've lived makes yours look like a fairy-tale. This is not the place to bash your ex-spouse - but if you insist on doing that then don't be surprised when somebody is suspicious of your motives. I've been involved with other message boards over the past few years, and other guys have had the same sob-story about their "relationship" problems: losing the house, no child custody, etc. These topics belong at the bottom of this list, in the "discuss anything but Celiac Disease" category.

This story still sounds fishy. Why can't somebody in your family in Sweden mail you the money to go back? You owned a house, and you don't even have a Visa or Master Card that you could use to get a plane ticket? Stuck in America? I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but it doesn't add up. The taxpayers in the United States are not responsible to shuttle people across the ocean in transcontinental jetliners because of common food disorders.

This forum is about Celiac Disease, not international residency and immigration problems. There are other sites for that.

Just my 2 cents.

Celiachap,

I disagree. We are not here to judge or scrutinize ones financial abilities. This is a support forum....people post all the time about life's "predicaments" and what brought on their illnesses. It seems to me you have some bitterness on your end but we are here to offer support. Lets not forget that.

celiachap Apprentice
Celiachap,I disagree. We are not here to judge or scrutinize ones financial abilities. This is a support forum....people post all the time about life's "predicaments" and what brought on their illnesses. It seems to me you have some bitterness on your end but we are here to offer support. Lets not forget that.

OK, so give him the support he wants: buy him a ticket back to Europe! B)

Guest MSFL
OK, so give him the support he wants: buy him a ticket back to Europe! B)

Nope not at all what i have asked for or would want. For me the stress would be a factor in this and thats why i have told you guys about it.

I cant go home to Sweden due to restrictions because of the court. And yes my family sends me money and i have never been a beliver in credit cards.

let me put this to you again

6 months ago i got divorced and my belly started to act up. Info it has gone on since 6 months back when the stress started.

now i have lost the house, car all my assets and my job , health insurance and so on due to an evil ex wife

What level of stress is involved and why.

the rest was just facts that have happen.

I dont ask for sympathy from anyone. only advice on what others have done.

The taxpayers in the United States are not responsible to shuttle people across the ocean in transcontinental jetliners because of common food disorders

So you dont think i pay as much taxes as you do ? i find this offending..

Nope your right and i have asked about celiac not about my court problems....

Did you see where i asked ... what can i do about my ex wife ? about my housing problem, about my car. about my froozen assets ? read again and see if you can find such questions.

Lisa Mentor

CeliacChap:

I have been sitting here on this support board for a half of a year and I have never heard anyone as hostile as you. I don't know what your trigger response to this to this man was, but it was not appropriate.

We are a support group, we help each other. If there is a fraud that posts, it will be shortly found through the information that is posted. It would take me a long while to determine that. This was his first post, he asked for help and was down on his luck. Who among us should just such a man.

If you could not add support, I would suggest that you not post. This is a highly intellegent group of people thoughout the world that post here. I would suggest reading more than posting.

Lisa B.

celiachap Apprentice

Nope not at all what i have asked for or would want. For me the stress would be a factor in this and thats why i have told you guys about it.

I cant go home to Sweden due to restrictions because of the court. And yes my family sends me money and i have never been a beliver in credit cards.let me put this to you again

6 months ago i got divorced and my belly started to act up. Info it has gone on since 6 months back when the stress started.now i have lost the house, car all my assets and my job , health insurance and so on due to an evil ex wifeWhat level of stress is involved and why.

the rest was just facts that have happen. I dont ask for sympathy from anyone. only advice on what others have done. The taxpayers in the United States are not responsible to shuttle people across the ocean in transcontinental jetliners because of common food disordersSo you dont think i pay as much taxes as you do ? i find this offending.. This forum is about Celiac Disease, not international residency and immigration problems. There are other sites for that. Nope your right and i have asked about celiac not about my court problems.... Did you see where i asked ... what can i do about my ex wife ? about my housing problem, about my car. about my froozen assets ? read again and see if you can find such questions.

Yumpin' Yimminy! I just tried to get you a plane ticket, and you're going off again!

Play your cards right, on this board, and you'll soon have another woman - but I can't guarantee that she's not "evil", lol!

Good luck.

Lisa Mentor

What in the world is up your geranium. <_<

Guest MSFL

Yumpin' Yimminy! I just tried to get you a plane ticket, and you're going off again!

Play your cards right, on this board, and you'll soon have another woman - but I can't guarantee that she's not "evil", lol!

Good luck.

Celiachap. there is other ways to meet women.

I will try again. And this time no history.

Gang i have bad bad problems with my celiacs and it affects me in a really bad way both eathing and doing normal every day stuff. Dr's at the ER ignores my problems and gave me nexum or something like that i think they gave me prilosec the second time. As of right now i cant go to my ordinary doctor.

Was diagnosed in US 2 years ago thru biopsy and a Antibody blood test. Dr have me on Floic acid and Belladonna but it does not help much.

Is that better ?

Lisa Mentor

MSFL:

I am sorry for the rudeness of some posts. That does not reflect the kindness and support of others.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Lisa

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Just my 2 cents.

Celiachap - Ok everyone has problems in their life and I'm sure you've had your fair share, but if that's the case I can maybe see why. He doesn't seem to be joking about this post and to be completely frank you're being a jerk. I don't think your nasty comments are helping any. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

MSFL - This is a wonderful site to help you learn how you can take better care of yourself. I definately think the depression can hurt your health and healing process. I wish I had a suggestion as how you could turn that around. The best I can do is let you know that we are here to help and support you.

Guest MSFL
MSFL:

I am sorry for the rudeness of some posts. That does not reflect the kindness and support of others.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Lisa

Thanks... I hope it will be better also soon.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Oh and I meant to let you know, I believe Nexium contains gluten. Do NOT take it.

celiachap Apprentice
MSFL:I am sorry for the rudeness of some posts. That does not reflect the kindness and support of others.

Hope you feel better soon. :) Lisa

There's a bit of a cultural misunderstanding here.

My perspective on this is not one of "Southern Hospitality" (although that type of charm has it's place) - it's one that I learned the hard way, in a tough environment. This guy has to get it together, if he wants to be an American. I live, and work, among 153 nationalities, and over 120 languages are spoken in New York. Maybe I sound "rude" to you, but in the "real" world, that I know, things are not like a pretty-perfect picture. You'll notice that his last posting is more business-like, and believable, already. This is because I pushed it - that's the way to get action. Everybody sitting around "hand-holding" does nothing.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Wow,

You are way out of line in your remarks. Here you are making assumptions about this man's motives and making light of his misfortune....this is not the place for that. I'm sure if this man were looking for dates he'd have much better luck on a forum specifically for that and not on a forum for Celiac Disease. Keep your suspicions to yourself.....like Lisa said, we are an intelligent group of people. The purpose of this forum is to help, inform, and give support not to do whatever it is you are trying to do.

key Contributor

HOpe you start feeling better. We are thinking of you. Not sure what to offer you as advice. Be sure you are eating gluten-free. It sounds like you aren't eating at all. Have you been going to the same ER? It definitely sounds like you should be admitted if you aren't eating at all and have lost 80lbs. I guess eventually if you aren't able to function, then they will have to do something more then give you Nexium.

Sorry, I don't have all the advice, but hope somehow you start feeling better.

Monica

jkmunchkin Rising Star
There's a bit of a cultural misunderstanding here.

My perspective on this is not one of "Southern Hospitality" (although that type of charm has it's place) - it's one that I learned the hard way, in a tough environment. This guy has to get it together, if he wants to be an American. I live, and work, among 153 nationalities, and over 120 languages are spoken in New York. Maybe I sounds "rude" to you, but in the "real" world, that I know, things are not like a pretty-perfect picture. You'll notice that his last posting is more business-like, and believable, already. This is because I pushed it - that's the way to get action. Everybody sitting around "hand-holding" does nothing.

Get off your high horse and stop being an @$$hole! I live and work in NY... lived here all my life; have gone through plenty of stuff in my life that to be honest my friends constantly stare at me in disabelief and ask how I am "normal" and not sitting in therapy 4 days a week, and snorting coke. But along the way, I was taught manners, which you clearly weren't. I live in your same "real world" but I seem to be able to manage to be nice. If you're not capable of being a decent person then don't post here, because it doesn't seem anyone appreciates your hostility towards someone who is seeking help.

People like you are the reason people think NY'ers are nasty. Because clearly you are.

Archived