This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Safe Cheerios?

kimber

kimber Enthusiast

Hi ladies

You've all been such a help..i thought I would ask if anyone could rec a good tasting 'safe' brand of cheerios?

Thansk, kim

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
Hi ladies

You've all been such a help..i thought I would ask if anyone could rec a good tasting 'safe' brand of cheerios?

Thansk, kim

Cheerio's is primary Oats, and therefor can not be safe, unless you just like the shape? I have seen gluten free ceral in that O shape on the shelf in my store, but do not recall the name....

Smunkeemom Enthusiast

Open Original Shared Link

My girls really like these, they say they are a little sweet too. They look enough like Cherrrios to fool small children, but once they are about 2 you have to say "but they won't make you sick, and they are round, and they taste yummy" and all of that is true. ;)

kimber Enthusiast

Thanks again...Kim

Zachary and Ava's mom

hez Enthusiast

There is also PerkyO's and one other brand that have the cheerios look. I have not tried them so I do not know what they taste like.

Hez

Becky6 Enthusiast

I bought a box yesterday of something called ceros. Not sure what they taste like but they were cinnamon flavored and cheap!

oliviasmom Newbie

I'm also looking for some good tasting Cheerios. I tried the Amaranth O's for my 4-year old Celiac Olivia. They got a huge thumbs down from Olivia. I tasted them and I thoought they tasted like mold. Any suggestions???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kimber Enthusiast

Thanks ladies..

If I try a good brand, I'll be sure to post

I've been buying some prepared foods lately for my 2yr old and he is sticking his nose up to everything..I'm getting a little anxious because his eating has gone down hill...I hope he warms up to this new diet soon!

At first I was giving him oatmeal..I thought I read a recent study deemed oats safe....crud :(

Kim

Becky6 Enthusiast

I will try the CerO's tonight and let you know! Have you tried Kinnikinick products? They are good!

Becky6 Enthusiast

Thumbs up on the CerO's from me and my daughter! They are good!

Guest nini

Becky6 Enthusiast

Thanks for posting those links!

skrez2 Newbie

Hello, I found a great gluten-free store in Michigan. They had cero's I cant remember the price but they were great tasting and 3 flavors Rasp,plain & cinnamon. They have on line site also celiac products.net hope that helps my kids loved them too!

Sally

lbsteenwyk Explorer

Glutino makes a Honey Nut O shaped cereal that is pretty good. My daughter likes the plain PerkyO's which are made from whole grain Sorghum and perhaps a little more like Cheerios. They also make an apple cinnamon and a frosted variety, but I've not had an opportunity to taste them.

Archived