Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrissy

How Many Family Members With Celiac?

Me and my sister have it. My parents both tested negative. I was kinda surprised since they both have GI "issues", but I don't know exactly what tests they were given (I think their GP is a quack), and given their age (71), I really doubt they would change their diet now anyhow.

me and my sister are DX. Dad has lots of health issues - especially GI - and we're almost there for persuading him to be tested (amazing isn't it how so many of our relatives don't want to be tested?). I'm seeing the peadiatrician with DS on Friday with a view to him being tested. We also suspect my grandmother (dad's mum) may have had it as she had GI symptoms, arthritis and earlier in life had pernicious anaemia. My brother's baby is lactose intolerant and will be tested when he's old enough for it to show.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Hi!   Sorry no one had your exact symptoms.  Do you have celiac disease?  Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that attacks the small intestine.  Once destroyed digesting foods can be difficult because enzymes can not be released, et...
    Sorry, but I am not familiar with those tests.  They are not standard for celiac disease testing which does require you to be on a full gluten diet months before a blood draw or weeks before an endoscopy.   Your symptoms could be celiac di...
    Did you have any positives on the celiac blood tests?  Small intestinal damage can be spotty since it is larger than the size of a tennis court!   If you went on an elimination diet, you probably avoided foods that you had intolerances t...