• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

TinkerbellSwt

Boneless Buffalo Chicken Strips

Rate this topic

Does anyone know a good receipe for boneless buffalo wings? I want to make these for our annual Superbowl party and this being my first gluten free party I want to make something we all can enjoy. Thanks so much!

Tinkerbell

Have never made boneless but it should be about the same. Here's my favorite, this is about right for 4-5 lbs of wings.

1 stick unsalted butter

1 16 oz bottle of Franks Red Hot

1 12 oz bottle of Crystal Hot Sauce(hard to find some places)

1 10 oz bottle of Pico Pica, Hot(Can also be hard to find)

Through the wings on the grill, cook to about 70 percent done.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in large sauce pan

Add all 3 sauces once butter is melted.

let simmer for a few minutes

Pull wings out off of grill when about 70 percent done. Let sit in sauce for 2-3 minutes

Throw wings back on grill.

Grill wings, covered so the sauce "dries" in a bit.

Don't over cook them yet though...

Put wings back in sauce, this should soak up the rest of the sauce

Throw wings back on grill.

Again, let the sauce cook in.

They key to making good wings, is make sure you can grill/bake them a bit after putting the sauce on. It really helps the sauce soak into the meat, and they aren't messy. Messy is for BBQ wings.

You won't need this for boneless, but I've also found boiling the wings for 5 minutues or so before throwing them on the grill the first time really helps the meat "fall off the bone"

Some fun mods to the above.

When boiling the wings to start, also add a bit of Franks, or better yet. A bit of Liquid Stupid.

I also like to add Liquid Stupid or Dave's Total Insanity sauce, the latter, is better when your making lots of wings for a party. Start with the basic recipe(but multiply it by like 5 if your making lots of wings) Cook the same way, but you don't use up the sauce. Then add some Insanity sauce, just a wee bit. make the next batch. keep adding some until the last set has a good amount.

Now I generally have some parties where I make 32 lbs of weeks in a sitting. End up spending the whole party at the grill of course. :>

Oh, and the best sauce. Though I really don't know if it is gluten free as I haven't bought it in a while. Near the end of the party add some

A$& in space

A$& in the toilet

or

Scorned Woman.

I was thuinking further on this. Boneless Buffalo Chicken Strips...

Thats not to bad either. I tried making some just now, they were pretty good.

Buy some boneless, skinless chicken strips.

Bring a pot of water,salt, cayan pepper sauce(Franks of course :>) to a boil

Throw them in for about 5-7 minutes.

Put them on the grill until they are about 90 percent done

Put them in the same sauce type as I mentioned before. basically a mix of sauces and unsalted butter. Franks and butter do well here if thats all you can get a hold of.

As they are simmering in the sauce, Pre-heat an oven to 400 deg F., cruch up your favorite gulten free corn flake type cereal.

Now, pull the chicken strips out of the sauce, shake/lay them in the ground of corn flakes to put a breading on them.

Stick them on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.

If salt isn't a worry, and you want softer "fluffier" strips or wings. Brine them for about 3 hours. No more. Brining, I always go with sea salt. Keep them in the fridge when you brine them.

Oh, one "fun" thing to do with any hot wing/strip type thing. Serve a full plate of regular wings. but have 1 of the wings coated in only Dave's Total Insanity Sauce. Make sure you announce one is on the plate.

People will notice when they are getting close to it...

I can add more if you like. I've literally made tons(yes 2000lbs * x) in my life.

Quote from me... while still living in San Francisco(small back yards...), and making wings(which tend to be greasy). "Dude! Your back yard is on fire!"

Good thing the above situation was handled by someone other than I(at the time)

Note, one other good thing about boiling them for a short bit before throwing them on a grill or in the oven. I does remove alot of the excess fat from the wings. It can help prevent grill fires, loss of eye brows, and a garden house being sprayed on the wings....

I make the strips by puting the tenders in an egg wash then the gluten-free flour mixture then the egg wash an then the flour again.

I buy Buffalo wild Wing's Spicy Garlic sauce (they sell them in bottles at each Buffalo Wild Wings or online)

I make the strips by puting the tenders in an egg wash then the gluten-free flour mixture then the egg wash an then the flour again.

I buy Buffalo wild Wing's Spicy Garlic sauce (they sell them in bottles at each Buffalo Wild Wings or online)

what type of flour mixture???

I use either a mixture of potato/corn starch with some tapioca flour or I buy Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Flour Mixture -- either one worrks well.

Fry them until they float, immediately salt and pepper then dip in sauce or put them in a closed bowl with sauce and "shake"

Yum, yum!