Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kathy P

North Carolina Doctor - Looking For One

Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist (and/or other type of doctor) who is familiar with Celiac Disease and/or IBS? In North Carolina.

I live near Charlotte, NC but am willing to travel.

I've already been diagnosed w/ Celiac and have been gluten free since Nov. 1, 2004. But I need to find someone who specializes; and with more expertise.

I'm in NC and have had this same problem...I've finally found a doctor who seems to be very knowledgeable....it's in the eastern part of the state though...if you're interested let me know. E-mail or PM me.

I'm north east and have a wonderful Dr. here. (Edenton)

Dear Lisa Baker,

I hope I'm responding to you....I've never used any message boards before.

Thank you for your response. I live near Charlotte, NC. Is Edenton north of Winston-Salem? I'm willing to travel. My family doc. did a blood test a little over a year ago and I've been gluten free since Nov. 1, 2004. But I've never seen a gastroenterologist or anyone who specializes in celiac, and I have more questions/problems. Thank you for any help/advise.

Also, It'd be financially convenient if I can find a doctor in-network with BC/BS PPO.

thanks!

Hi new here but just wanted to let you know i lived in Greenville, NC for over 2 yrs went to see a entrogast dr named Dr. Cole at Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville. He was very caring, compassionate and did all the possible testing he could. Not sure if he is still there this was 4 yrs ago but i highly recommend if he is to try seeing him.

Jen

Dr. Hill in Winston Salem (Brenner Children's Hospital) is our Doc., he is for children, but might have suggestions.

Kathy:

Your post indicated that it was a January inquiry. I am assuming that you have found a doctor by now. I am sorry that I did not respond to you post as I have just read it today. I would suggest researching the Charlotte medical community for doctors with specific areas of study. You are livin in a very up and comming community and I am sure that their are highly qualified gastro dr. where you are.

Jen, do me a wonderful favor and see where we can eat in Greenville gluten free. I go there alot to shop.

Maybe we can "do lunch some day" gluten-free :) Personal message me if you prefer.

Lisa

Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist (and/or other type of doctor) who is familiar with Celiac Disease and/or IBS? In North Carolina.

I live near Charlotte, NC but am willing to travel.

I've already been diagnosed w/ Celiac and have been gluten free since Nov. 1, 2004. But I need to find someone who specializes; and with more expertise.

Kathy, I would not recommend my doctor; I am going to try a doctor at UNC - Chapel Hill who was recommended to me by a young woman who has other GI issues. (She got me very excited about this female doc.) Send me an e-mail if you still need assistance.

Cape

Hi new here but just wanted to let you know i lived in Greenville, NC for over 2 yrs went to see a entrogast dr named Dr. Cole at Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville. He was very caring, compassionate and did all the possible testing he could. Not sure if he is still there this was 4 yrs ago but i highly recommend if he is to try seeing him.

Jen

I am also looking for a Doctor. I was diagnosed in Dec. 2005 and I have

muliple diet problems besides Celiac-Sprue Disease. (high cholesterol -

Diviticuli and Diabetes) My GI doctor just told me to go on the Internet for Information.

I do not know anyone with this Disease and the BCBSNC health dietician was no help. I am

getting very discouraged. Pitt County Memorial Hospital is only an Hours

drive from my house. What kind of Dr. is this Dr. Cole?