Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Crisco contains trans fats.  Why use it?  Better off with butter if you are using it to bake.  Butter is real food.   My grandmother used butter long before Crisco was invented which was a cheap alternative and made baked goods last forever (think Twinkies,😆).   Crisco is a kin to axle grease.  But that is my personal opinion.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Thanks for your reply - it is very helpful. I have Hashimoto's, and a strong family history of autoimmune disease, so it will come as no surprise to me if I end up developing another autoimmune condition. In fact, the past year I have been...
    Hi!   An elevated (usually very) can be attributed to autoimmune or types of cancers like multiple myeloma.  I do not know your lab range, but your IgA result does not seem very elevated based on national lab ranges.  So, no worries.  ...
    You can eat out.  I try to steer newbies from eating out For a few months, just to help expedite healing.  The gluten free diet has a steep learning curve.  But I travel as does my husband.  You learn to be assertive (but nice) and ask the r...