Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amymh

We've Been Invited For Supper!?!

Guest Viola

I've been to three weddings. All were buffet and they let my daughter and I go up first so there would be no issue with spoons going from one dish to another. There were plenty of things that were naturally gluten free (the chefs assured us that only fresh ground pepper was used in the meat etc.) We had the beef, roast potatoes, one veggie that was done without sauce and the salads. Tam and I brought our own dressing in a little bottle that fits in our purse.

One wedding rehersal dinner was held at a restaurant and I emailed my sister my card so that she could take it in and order a meal for me ahead of time.

I thankfully had no problems with any of them, and we all had a wonderful time.

So ... I suggest you email your card to someone you are comfortable with and have them talk to the chef or caterer.

Guest BERNESES

I would definitely try to call ahead and let them know. Most places that have chefs will not be surprised and will try to accomodate you. My cousin, who also has Celiac's, did that at my wedding (before I knew I had Celiac's!) and they were great. No one wants someone to get sick at a wedding (I would hope!). Best, B

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...