Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DawterAod

Where You From?

Guest gillian502

I spent 10 years living in New York City, but now I'm back in my hometown of Rockville, Md., just 20 minutes outside of Washington, DC.

Join eNewsletter

Columbus, Ohio....now 20miles east in Millersport

Tamera

(aka Nurse Diesel)

"well, I better learn how to swim

'cause the crossing is chilly and wide"

--Indigo Girls

Join eNewsletter

:) I live in Bethany, Oklahoma, which is a surburb of Oklahoma City. This may not have anything to do with the disease itself but it is interesting to know where those we correspond with live.................

Join eNewsletter

Hi celiac3270! I think the significance lies in the different ways that celiac is treated in different countries, and what kind of resources are available in the different areas. It also helps with moral support if someone on the board is from your area, because maybe you could get together for shopping trips (spoken like the woman that I am!) and picnics or dinners, or swap child care so a night out could be had.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

hey im from michigan it would be really nice to talk to someone from michigan with celiac disease the only people i talk to that have celiac disease are from canada (which there is nothing wrong with that) but it would be kinda nice to know there is someone that may live near you that is "like you" know what i mean? it would be really cool if some of us michigan people could swap email addresses or somethin! mines pippigirl32@hotmail.com email me when ever ya wanna i would love to hear from ya!

Julianne

PS if you are from a diff counrty or state thats cool i would still love to talk to you! Im always up for meeting new people! :D

Julianne

Join eNewsletter

I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

Richmond, Virginia

I was born & raised on Long Island, NY

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter