Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

3 3
Plumeria

365 Organic Spices

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease last month. I am overwhelmed with ridding my kitchen of cross contaminated goods as well as finding safe products to replace them with. I have read that Spicely Organic Spices is the best option, but they are more than I can afford. What is the consensus on Whole Foods 365 spices? The back of the jars say “Produced in a facility that processes tree nuts, milk, eggs and soy.” There is no mention of wheat. Is it safe to assume these are NOT cross contaminated?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for finding nuts that are not cross contaminated besides Nuts.com?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Spices.. I like Big Axe spices blends due to no salt myself, I used to use Flavor God before they did  the huge price hike years ago. I have also used McCormick for some individual spices...I honestly feel iffy about their blends. But like many I buy many of mine form Spicely in the bulk club packs to save.

I tend to order my Almonds straight from Alldrin Almonds a family owned farm in California. I have discount codes if you like, but I get 25lb cases and divide it up into  a bunch of smaller air tight containers with desiccant packs for longer term storage and store in a cold area. You can also vacuum pack and freeze for up to a year. I order my seeds from MyGerbs.com also. Nuts.come seems good but they also process some other allergens for me so I tend to go with places that are free of just in case.

6 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Spices.. I like Big Axe spices blends due to no salt myself, I used to use Flavor God before they did  the huge price hike years ago. I have also used McCormick for some individual spices...I honestly feel iffy about their blends. But like many I buy many of mine form Spicely in the bulk club packs to save.

I tend to order my Almonds straight from Alldrin Almonds a family owned farm in California. I have discount codes if you like, but I get 25lb cases and divide it up into  a bunch of smaller air tight containers with desiccant packs for longer term storage and store in a cold area. You can also vacuum pack and freeze for up to a year. I order my seeds from MyGerbs.com also. Nuts.come seems good but they also process some other allergens for me so I tend to go with places that are free of just in case.

So much great advice, much appreciation. I have heard of Alldrin Almonds. I emailed them about their farming practices, pesticides and pasteurization methods with no response. Do you happen to know if they do chemical or steam pasteurize? A 25 lb case is the way to go and I would do the same. A discount code would be of GREAT help. Thank you!!