This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Thank You!

chrissy

chrissy Collaborator

i was talking to my mom today about celiac and once again realized how grateful i am to be able to come on here and get info and help and support from all of you. i have a friend who has been diagnosed with celiac for 8 years---her daughter is a friend of my twins. because of her, i already knew a fair amount about celiac and her daughter helped explain celiac to the other kids at school. she doesn't go on any web sites, so some of her info is not quite up to date. one of my girls commented the other day that i seemed to know more about celiac than my friend who has had if for a long time. LOL!!! probably because i come on here so much!!! i also have to bake from scratch because we don't have alot of money and i have 3 celiac children to feed---she is able to buy mixes. sometimes i think that me knowing her, and her telling me so much about celiac was a blessing for me that was preparing me for what was ahead-----i hope i don't sound too corny!

christine

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JKJ Newbie
i was talking to my mom today about celiac and once again realized how grateful i am to be able to come on here and get info and help and support from all of you. i have a friend who has been diagnosed with celiac for 8 years---her daughter is a friend of my twins. because of her, i already knew a fair amount about celiac and her daughter helped explain celiac to the other kids at school. she doesn't go on any web sites, so some of her info is not quite up to date. one of my girls commented the other day that i seemed to know more about celiac than my friend who has had if for a long time. LOL!!! probably because i come on here so much!!! i also have to bake from scratch because we don't have alot of money and i have 3 celiac children to feed---she is able to buy mixes. sometimes i think that me knowing her, and her telling me so much about celiac was a blessing for me that was preparing me for what was ahead-----i hope i don't sound too corny!

christine

That sure doesn't sound corny to me! I feel so blessed that i had 2 different neighbors (one with Celiac ) who suggested my 6 week problem with explosive D might be C -- and in 4 days I was doing better! And have been ever since - so I definitely count that a fantastic blessing that I didn't have to suffer for years of much worse symptoms before realizing what my problem was. I still have not gone for testing - but continuously learn from this message board -- and the celiac site. I know I should be doctoring and getting tested but hesitate to go gluten challenge -or even start sharing with my Dr. -- (who I never in 2 years , have felt quite on the same wave length with :) (Maybe I need to change Dr's?) Anyway - corny or not - don't hesitate to share your feelings on this board!

nettiebeads Apprentice
That sure doesn't sound corny to me! I feel so blessed that i had 2 different neighbors (one with Celiac ) who suggested my 6 week problem with explosive D might be C -- and in 4 days I was doing better! And have been ever since - so I definitely count that a fantastic blessing that I didn't have to suffer for years of much worse symptoms before realizing what my problem was. I still have not gone for testing - but continuously learn from this message board -- and the celiac site. I know I should be doctoring and getting tested but hesitate to go gluten challenge -or even start sharing with my Dr. -- (who I never in 2 years , have felt quite on the same wave length with :) (Maybe I need to change Dr's?) Anyway - corny or not - don't hesitate to share your feelings on this board!

I was very fortunate in that I also only had to suffer for about 6 weeks with D before I went to my gp. He had me cut out gluten, two weeks later on my follow-up, I didn't have anymore D; he pronounced me Celiac, go and eat gluten no more. End of story with him - 9 years ago. I've learned more about Celiac from this board than I had in the previous 9 years. I do mention my celiac to my current dr. He doesn't see the need for any more tests. The fact that the diet challenge was good enough for my previous gp was good enough for him. But he did run a series of blood work just to see how I was doing. Everything relatively normal, but my cholesteral is getting up there. That was it. And anytime you're not comfortable with a dr and you have the option to change, it is your perogative, and your health. Just my two cents.

Annette

Archived