This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glutenend By My Husband?

GinaO

GinaO Rookie

Hello everyone. I am still learning as I was diagnosed on 12/8/05. However my question is this....I have been getting sick less frequently but....I think I have nailed it down to one thing: sexual intercourse. Could this be a source of cross contamination?? I called the doctor's office and of course the nurse had "never heard of this...but will check." Anyone???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

There is a whole thread about this......Hopefully someone will find it. But I'm pretty sure the answer is no in terms of gluten.

lovegrov Collaborator

I don't think so. Especially not from genital contact.

I can see it now, "Not tonight, honey, you had pasta for dinner."

richard

Guest nini

I had asked about this before too because I do tend to get glutenened like symptoms after being intimate... Even without kissing... so even though the scientific evidence points to the contrary, I'm not convinced! :rolleyes:

kathy1 Contributor

This would be interesting to find out. anyone find the thread mentioned above?

• 3 weeks later...
munchkinette Collaborator

You aren't using any other products are you? Like lubricant? Hands can be contaminated as well, so you really have to make sure they are clean. Genitals are full of mucous membrane tissue.

(I taught sex ed last semester)

VydorScope Proficient
Hello everyone. I am still learning as I was diagnosed on 12/8/05. However my question is this....I have been getting sick less frequently but....I think I have nailed it down to one thing: sexual intercourse. Could this be a source of cross contamination?? I called the doctor's office and of course the nurse had "never heard of this...but will check." Anyone???

Well, how clean is your partner? If he had crumbs on him and you kissed (or etc) that area, you would very easily get gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Maybe you're just allergic to your husband :lol::P

Just kidding...

Your systems kind of go into overdrive and all kinds of chemicals are released, maybe you picked up gluten from somewhere and you react more because all of your body chemicals get thrown around? :huh:

Best I could think of... :blink:

minibabe Contributor
Maybe you're just allergic to your husband :lol::P

HAHAHAHAHA :D

munchkinette Collaborator

Actually, I was kind of allergic to my ex. It was the oil in his skin. My face got all these little tiny red bumps every time we saw each other in the beginning, when we had a long distance relationship. When we saw each other regularly (not long distance) I got used to him and didn't have those skin problems. Weird.

Archived