Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

2 2
Annieoh

Birth Control Pills Junel Fe?

Rate this topic

Hi, I was just prescribed Junel Fe birth control pills (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol) to manage my hormones during pre-menopause. It's difficult to find any info on the packaging or how to contact the company (can't seem to look that up). I sent a message to my doctor but given that my sensitivity was listed in my chart before she prescribed them, and the general lack of knowledge with most Kaiser doctors who don't specialize in gluten intolerances or celiac, I don't have much hope she'll be of any help. 

But one ingredient has me concerned, pregelatinized starch. This can be derived from either corn which I don't have trouble with, or wheat which I do. Has anyone here taken these or can provide any feedback?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is a link to the original manufacturer, they have contact information at the bottom of the page.  However, it also comes in a generic version so it may not be made by this company.  Do you know the manufacturer?  It is usually on the container, although may be in code.  You should be able to find out from the pharmacy where you got it.

https://www.pandiahealth.com/junel-fe-birth-control-pill-combined-oral-contraceptive-pill/

Join eNewsletter

On 2/27/2020 at 6:01 PM, RMJ said:

Here is a link to the original manufacturer, they have contact information at the bottom of the page.  However, it also comes in a generic version so it may not be made by this company.  Do you know the manufacturer?  It is usually on the container, although may be in code.  You should be able to find out from the pharmacy where you got it.

https://www.pandiahealth.com/junel-fe-birth-control-pill-combined-oral-contraceptive-pill/

Oh! Sorry for the late reply, and thank you.

Join eNewsletter