• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

jenvan

Info On The Gluten Free Market

Rate this topic

For those who are interested, I just found this company call Spins which tracks the natural food industry. Go to this website to see some of the info/stats they have come up with on the gluten free marketplace and industry: http://www.spins.com/news/communications/glutenfree.php

For those who are interested, I just found this company call Spins which tracks the natural food industry. Go to this website to see some of the info/stats they have come up with on the gluten free marketplace and industry: http://www.spins.com/news/communications/glutenfree.php

Interesting, thanks for posting! I'm trying to convince a local restaurant chain to come out with a gluten free menu and this could help the cause.

Susan

These articles are great I think, when trying to get leverage or convince a restaurant or company of the celiac/gluten-free case. Have you seen the Univ of chicago Celiac fact sheets? I took those to the grocery store I was working with...They have some great stats on Celiac.

These articles are great I think, when trying to get leverage or convince a restaurant or company of the celiac/gluten-free case. Have you seen the Univ of chicago Celiac fact sheets? I took those to the grocery store I was working with...They have some great stats on Celiac.

I haven't seen those, do you happen to have a link?

Susan

Susan-

Go to this page, Univ of Chicago celiac disease center: http://www.uchospitals.edu/specialties/celiac/

Click on top left-Fact Sheets, then choose the statistics one, last on list. Has some good stats/numbers!

I love that fact sheet! I have printed off copies as I think this is good for others to read, too. Puts the whole thing in a perspective that everyone can relate to.

Glad ya'll can use them! :)

thanks Jen

that is very interesting......but it kinda makes me sick when I think of the price we pay to stay healthy and gluten-free........I often think how can rice flour be so dam expensive>>>>. I know there is more to it than that but gluten-free is not cheap and I truly feel for those who can't afford this and has to endure because of celiac's.

mamaw

Well, perhaps as time goes on and the demand increases and the products become more common, the prices will drop :) Might be a good time to do some investing the natural food industry....

It is a huge trend that is reshaping, though slowly, the market place. Just last night I attended my first gluten-free support group meeting. It was held at an all gluten-free Italian Gourmet Restaurant. They were even willing to share the ingredients. It was the best meal I have had in over a week and talk about tons of pastas and even breaded chicken and fish --ummmmmmm

Thanks for sharing this, I believe I will send some of the local markets off to this website!

Deborah

It is a huge trend that is reshaping, though slowly, the market place. Just last night I attended my first gluten-free support group meeting. It was held at an all gluten-free Italian Gourmet Restaurant. They were even willing to share the ingredients. It was the best meal I have had in over a week and talk about tons of pastas and even breaded chicken and fish --ummmmmmm

Thanks for sharing this, I believe I will send some of the local markets off to this website!

Deborah

Hi Deborah, what restaurant was it? Thanks!

Deborah, cool restaurant. And spread the info around. When I was meeting the grocery, I also took in an article on Walmart and their gluten-free labeling...another 'trend-setter', although I'm not a huge fan of them :) But we can still use their decisions to influence!