This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Snack Ideas

Smunkeemom

Smunkeemom Enthusiast

My friend is running the VBS at my church this summer, and in an effort to make everyone more comfortable she is trying to do snacks everyday that everyone can have.

My girls are gluten free and there are 4 other children who are lactose free.

I figured this would be the best place to come for some ideas. I really think that it's very nice of her to try and make everyone feel comfortable (you know everyone gets the same snack) and to keep my kids from getting sick (from cross contamination)

so if anyone has any great, easy, kid friendly, gluten free, lactose free snack ideas, please post them :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SueC Explorer

Of course the obvious...fruit salad, veggies etc...

Other ideas are mixted nuts with raisins, banana pudding made with dairy free milk, popcorn, fruit snacks, lillle smokie sausages, hot dogs sliced up on toothpicks, or meatballs etc.

That is all I can think of now. I am sure others will have some great ideas. Hope this helps.

lonewolf Collaborator

What about gluten-free "chex mix" made with corn and rice crunch'ems? Or "puppy chow", also made with the crunch'ems.

minibabe Contributor

ICECREAM!!!!!!!!! :D

I know that it is my favorite and gluten-free pretzels they are awesome also.

Amanda NY

Mango04 Enthusiast

Apples with peanut butter, celery with peanut butter, veggies with dairy free ranch dip (Nasoya makes a pretty good one - nobody seems to know the difference), corn chips, jello, envirokids bars (the pb flavor is gluten-free, the chocolate flavor has lactose though), bananas, raisins, strawberries, grapes...

zip2play Apprentice

I like trail mix with various nuts and M&M's!

Monica

Guest stef 4 dogs
I like trail mix with various nuts and M&M's!

Monica

Hi there! If your kids like pudding, Kozy Shack puddings are gluten free and clearly marked on the label. Make me feel like I'm getting away with something! In a cute little dish with some M & M's its fun!

stef 4 dogs

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Lucy

I think Ice cream bars or cups are a great VBS snack. We have that anyway, and not b/c of celiac. Marshmallows. popcorn balls. Fruit rollups. Fruit snacks. Fingerjello. Popcicles. I am no expert on lactose intolerance though, sorry if they have it.

zip2play Apprentice

OH "rice crispy treats" made with Cocoa pebbles or Fruity pebbles are good too!

Monica

TCA Contributor

PB Cookies

1 C PB

1 C sugar

1 egg

mix well, roll into balls, press onto cookie sheet. Bake 375 for 10-12 mins. Delicous!!!

Kids crying gotta go!!!!!!

SueC Explorer

Add a cup of chocolate chips to those peanut butter cookies......They are sooooo good :) !

TCA Contributor

Hunt's snack cups ar gluten free too, jello and pudding! My son loves the jello. Even have sugar free for diabetics (my husband). We're just a family of special diets! :)

Cheri A Contributor

Not sure how old the kids are... but my kids love little toothpick skewers w/fresh fruit on it (strawberry, grape, melon, pineapple). I also like the safe trail mix idea. Or popsicles.

Archived