This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Do I have cealic disease or NCWS

Patrick 1234

Patrick 1234 Rookie

Guys you my only hope. I've been having gas, bloating every cealic symptoms since last December 2019. When I remember it all started after my father bought us game meat. Which has been kept for 3 weeks, the meat had a bad taste a gave us daherria. It tasted as if it had been poison. And I only use to take some and eat It not cooked well. After that I started having sounds in my abdominal, cramps and everything, my family didn't. My wife did but it stopped. To me it went from December till February late I started losing weight, milk made it worse the symptoms were bad when I drink milk. I then Google and stumbled on cealic disease topics and ibs. I quickly went to the doctor, told him everything he didn't test me, but he listened to everything I said. And gave me antibiotics and pain pill and vitamin b complex pills. He didn't say what the antibiotics are for so I Google and found out the are for giardia. A parasites found in dirty water and dirty meat and feces. Ok the antibiotics made the abdominal symptoms better, but after I finished the course after weeks I started eating surgery, oily foods and then I get gas again even when I eat bread and wheat,milk ect. But small amount of gluten even a small bread crumb I don't get symptoms. I'm anemia, loss body fat, dry skin and enlarged vains. But my weight seems to improve, some days loss, some days weight, some days tired some energetic. I can do any work even when I have eaten bread I can exercise so anything but only bloating. Even when I eat eggs I get bloating. Tea I get bloating. My stool is normal now after antibiotics, but it is a bit constipated now and then but before the antibiotics it was greasy and pale. So pls did the gardinis led me to cealic disease or is my damaged gut causing me food sensitivities. Edit : and I have had liver pain. Since 2 years now, because I was heavy drinker but I stopped 1 years ago. Had pains also when I was losing weight but it has stop now. Thank u so much God sent people 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Scott Adams Grand Master

It may be just a coincidence that you ate some tainted meat at this time, as many of the symptoms you mention could certainly be related to celiac disease. Have you asked your doctor to test you for it? There are also home tests available that are under $100, for example this company makes one:

https://www.imaware.health/

Keep eating gluten every day until all tests are done, otherwise you could get false negative results.

Ennis-TX Grand Master

While celiac is genetic many have the gene dormant, and quite a few end up having the activated by getting sick, food poisoning, bad virus, or pregnancy. Your food poisoning incident could have turned the gene on.

In order to get tested you have to keep eating gluten and get the blood test done, as mentioned you can avoid the hospitals for now if you wish with current world affairs and use a at home testing kit. Again be sure your eating at least 2 slices of bread a day for 6-8 weeks prior to testing to be accurate.

Scott Adams Grand Master

That is very true. Actually, I can also pin down the moment my symptoms kicked in which eventually led to my celiac diagnosis. I was backpacking in Europe during college and ate some cheese that got me very sick. It was classic severe food poisoning, and I was very sick for 3 days. After that the celiac symptoms began, and I went on a wild goose chase for years with doctors, including taking antibiotics, etc.

Patrick 1234 Rookie
7 hours ago, Scott Adams said:

That is very true. Actually, I can also pin down the moment my symptoms kicked in which eventually led to my celiac diagnosis. I was backpacking in Europe during college and ate some cheese that got me very sick. It was classic severe food poisoning, and I was very sick for 3 days. After that the celiac symptoms began, and I went on a wild goose chase for years with doctors, including taking antibiotics, etc.

But no one has it in my family. No one ever had cealic no other autoimmune diseases except anemia but not caused by cealic. I also have I think for myself liver disease before all the symptoms started I've been having liver disease. I can't go to the doctor again it has caused me a lot of money I live in south Africa and here cealic disease is really a far fetched story, it is really hard for me to accept it really trying to connect the dots of what is wrong with me. Because I can eat white bread I don't get sick, nothing. It seems like I get sick if I ate too much of the gluten foods. No rash no dermatitis no running to the toilet. I'm having normal stool after eating gluten food. Only when it comes to straight pure milk that I will have loose stools 

7 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

While celiac is genetic many have the gene dormant, and quite a few end up having the activated by getting sick, food poisoning, bad virus, or pregnancy. Your food poisoning incident could have turned the gene on.

In order to get tested you have to keep eating gluten and get the blood test done, as mentioned you can avoid the hospitals for now if you wish with current world affairs and use a at home testing kit. Again be sure your eating at least 2 slices of bread a day for 6-8 weeks prior to testing to be accurate.

We only have a gluten check in south Africa is it 100 percent accurate? 

Patrick 1234 Rookie
7 hours ago, Patrick 1234 said:

But no one has it in my family. No one ever had cealic no other autoimmune diseases except anemia but not caused by cealic. I also have I think for myself liver disease before all the symptoms started I've been having liver disease. I can't go to the doctor again it has caused me a lot of money I live in south Africa and here cealic disease is really a far fetched story, it is really hard for me to accept it really trying to connect the dots of what is wrong with me. Because I can eat white bread I don't get sick, nothing. It seems like I get sick if I ate too much of the gluten foods. No rash no dermatitis no running to the toilet. I'm having normal stool after eating gluten food. Only when it comes to straight pure milk that I will have loose stools 

We only have a gluten check in south Africa is it 100 percent accurate? 

And I just want to add that isn't malabsorption have yellow, pale floating, greasy stool. That stopped after the course of antibiotics now. I have normal brown, stool as I did before eating the meat. It got better until now my sto is perfect. Im just irritated by oily eggs, milk,. I can eat cookies cookies without coalic symptoms. I can drink milk in tea. I can eat 2 slice of bread without symptoms. But if I eat alot I get. Can that be really cealic 

Scott Adams Grand Master

Of course you may not have it, and the only way to be certain is to get tested. Most celiacs don't have obvious symptoms. If going to a doctor is expensive, and they are not likely to test you for it, certainly you could simply try a gluten-free diet for a couple of months to see if it makes any of your symptoms better. While ~1% have celiac disease, there are more like 10-15% who have gluten sensitivity. If you fall into either group you need to go gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):