This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten-free Breads, Bagels, Pizza, Spaghetti

FairySprinkle

FairySprinkle Rookie

I went to Wild Oats to search their gluten-free breads in the freezer, but they are so tiny and weird with juice as flavors. Doesn't sound like something I wanted to buy.

I like to eat tuna on a sandwich or bagel or a turkey/ham and cheese sandwhich. I like cream cheest and bagel.

Where can I find real gluten-free bread?

I'd love to make them at home in the oven. I am not sure my mom would allow for a breadmaker in the kitchen (she doesn't like cluttered kitchens), but I bet making my own will be more nutritious and better tasting.

Also, my mom's going to make spaghetti tonight, and I am sure the spaghetti is not gluten-free. Where can I find one? Brand suggestion? Where??

Suggestions?

I'll look at the glutten-free mall online, but I hope to get some suggestions.

Thank you ;) .

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

The best gluten-free pasta- Tinkyada.

Breads - I like Glutino and Kinnikinik. I hear the Glutino bagels are really good and somewhat "normal," although I've never tried them myself.

psawyer Proficient

Glutino produce a lot of very good products, all gluten-free. The sesame bagels are great.

Glutino are located in surburban Montreal, and will ship internet orders to (at least) anywhere in Canada or the USA. Go to Open Original Shared Link I have had trouble with Firefox and this site getting along, so I use IE to order from them (one of only two sites I need to use the awful IE for).

Other products I use regularly from Glutino include corn bread, corn bread with fiber, baguettes, and bread sticks.

mouse Enthusiast

I love the Glutino vanilla filled cookies and I get them at my local health food store. I order my bread, cinnimon rolls, etc. from Kinnikinnick in Canada. I place my order on line at their website. It is the best bread I have found and I love my tunafish sandwiches again. They charge a flat shipping charge of $10 up to a $200 order. They send the items two day shipping and you freeze everything on delivery.

I forgot to say that the Tinkyada pasta is the BEST. My family who are not gluten-free all eat this pasta.

4getgluten Rookie

Anna's has great gluten-free bread mixes. I make them in my breadmaker, but I'm pretty sure you can bake them in the oven as well.

Open Original Shared Link

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I haven't found a sandwich bread I really like yet but Glutino bagels are pretty good. I like them toasted with some chunky peanut butter or with vegetable or Temp-Tee Cream Cheese.

As for pasta, Tinkyada is the only one I ever tried but I think just about everyone will suggest that one.

Not sure where you live but for pizza, I'm addicted to Risotteria. I'm not sure if they ship their products. It's a restaurant in NY.

I have yet to order it but I've heard the baguettes and sandwich bread from Everybody Eats is great. I've had a few of their other products which are fabulous so I assume the breads will follow suit.

jerseyangel Proficient

If you have a Whole Foods nearby, their Gluten Free Bakeshop Sandwich Bread and Cinnamon Raisin Bread are very good. I go along with Tinkyada as being the best pasta I've tried.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hez Enthusiast

From whole foods love the pizza crusts and pies. From Kinnikinnick I like the donuts and pizza crusts. I love the bread from anna from gluten evoution! There are tons more that I have not tried. Everyone has different tastes but I know you will be able to find good substitutes.

Hez

Claire Collaborator

Oh you lucky people! You can eat gluten-free bread . Whole Food does make good bread. Others too so I hear.

I cannot eat yeast - so there goes all the breads - except - I just found Kinnickinick yeast free Tapioca and yeast free rice breads. It is not too good cold but heated slightly it improves. However it makes very good toast - toasting it frozen.

This is my first real bread in fifteen years. I have tried a few yeasts breads - one time trial for something that tasted liked paper napkins!

At any rate I won't complete but bagels sure sound good! Enjoy. Claire

That was meant to say 'complain'' not complete. It's late! Claire

FairySprinkle Rookie

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I bought gluten-free rice pasta from the grocery store (organic section), and it wasn't bad. I am not sure what brand it is. It wasn't bad, but I sure want to make sure I try Tinkyada and other yummy breads, bagels, etc. :)

mamaw Community Regular

Our favorite pastas are Biaglut first then second for Tinkyada. I think they are closest to the real deal stuff. For homemade breads Anna's is wonderful if you like earthy breads it's not like towntalk gluten white bread tho. Everybody Eats is pricey but I have found none that compares to their crusty rolls and baguettes. For glazed donuts and cream puffs my vote would go to Celiac Specialities out of Mi. Glutino bagels are good too.I use challah bread for grilled sandwiches and they turn out great.....

For making coolies I like betty Hagman four bean flour and I use it without changing my old gluten recipes.

good luck

mamaw

Archived