• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Kim UPST NY

Waterford Ny

Rate this topic

Hello I am in waterford NY Ijust found out why I have Anxiety Why I lived with a stomach ache everyday and whay I can't gain wait Yep Celiac Since I was Probably 10 at least and now I'm 34 I am looking for people in my area to meet with I am so new at this 3 weeks and I am trying to get by on my own I had a lousy doctor that tried to feed my Paxil because it was all in my head. Thank god the emergency room Gave me Dr. Gerson he knew right away and helped me . But Trying to find a dietitian is not so easy. :(

I'm in Albany! I don't belong to a support group though. I believe there is one around though that meets at St Peter's Hospital. The last time I tried to get more info, the email address I had was no longer active. I'll look again and post/message you with what I find. :)

http://www.csaceliacs.org/chapters2.php?stateid=33

Try this site- There is a chapter in Queensbury.

Hi Kim. I am not in NY, but I work for a company that has a manufacturing plant in Waterford and know some people there. The more I am on this message board the more I realize what a small world this is!

Hi Kim...I am a member of the St. Peter's Support Group. I unfortunately do not go to meetings very often. Everyone is really great there. They have a lot of information about every aspect of Celiac Disease. They always have yummy foods to try and lots of samples. It's definitely worth the trip! use Doctor Samuels in Albany as my GI and Vanessa Denning at Albany Clinical Nutrition is my nutritionist. I must say that Dr. Denning is totally awesome and I HIGHLY recommend her. She monitors all of my nutrition issues and bone density issues. No other doctor has had the understanding of the broad range of issues associated with celiac disease as she has. Good luck with everything! Let me know if you find any gluten free dining hot spots in the area, so far I haven't had much luck.

Hi Kim

(and everyone else)

I'm new here, too. I live just outside Saratoga Springs in Greenfield and have just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I am also 34. Wow -look how much we have in common already!

I use Dr. Bauer. His office is in Wilton and he works out of Glens Falls Hospital.

I haven't seen a dietician yet, but that is my next step. Besides Celiac, I also have Diverticulitis which is another disease where you have to eliminate certain foods from your diet. I really need someone to tell me what to eat!

Albany is a bit of a hike for me, but the St. Peters group sounds like something I might want to try.

nothungry, I know the health food store in Saratoga Springs called Four Seasons has a restaurant. I cannot say whether they serve gluten free food but I know they sell a decent selection ( well.. maybe an OK selection) of gluten-free products.

I will be checking in the next few days whether they serve gluten-free meals. I'll post when I find out.

I wouldn't mind checking out one of the meetings at St Peters. Do you know when the next one is? I was diagnosed by Dr Puleo (JR) but I wasn't thrilled with my follow up care with him.

wELL the last meeting was last thursday but I missed it I will find the web site and let you know when the new one is , My Dr was Doctor Gerson, Pelebo's Parnter I guess. But I feel kinda lost I don't have a dietiacen or anything and I have to wait until April for a follow up. I am in Waterford Ny where are you? I have a13yr old daughter and 14 yr old Son .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • May 01, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com