This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Your Favorite gluten-free Fries?

Mango04

Guest gfinnebraska
Whlie not my favorite, the best alternative to McDonalds french fries (outside of Wendys) would be Ore-Ida Fast Food French Fries. they are gluten-free and DF, and you fry/bake them yourselves. They are made to mock the fast food fries obviously!

I LOVE the Ore-Ida Fast Food fries... deep fried... salted... a VERY sinful pleasure!!! :ph34r: I eat them for lunch ~ with a side of ketchup!! YUMMY!!! ;) (not too often tho'!! )

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Cheri A Contributor
Aww, Cheri, I'm sorry about the Chick-Fil-A fries....but, I guess you are used to it since your little one is allergic to "mother nature." Poor thing.

Next time I'm there, I'll eat one for yall....

Thanks Laura... yes, please do :)

TCA Contributor

I have a list from OreIda that lists their regular tater tots as OK (got it last month) and no wheat is mentioned on the ingredietns. Are these ok or not? I hope so since my son loves them! We do their fries a lot too.

I also make oven fries with olive oil, onions, and Canadian Steak Sesoning. They are sooooo good!

Mahee34 Enthusiast

hmm, with wendy's. the butterfinger topics that they have for the frosty's are in a seperate little package, you put the topping on yourself.....most of the wendy's i've been to has been like this, maybe yours is different?

i thought i saw butterfinger on the gluten free list? was i wrong?!

Guest nini
hmm, with wendy's. the butterfinger topics that they have for the frosty's are in a seperate little package, you put the topping on yourself.....most of the wendy's i've been to has been like this, maybe yours is different?

i thought i saw butterfinger on the gluten free list? was i wrong?!

they have a deady peanut allergy too... so yeah the butterfingers are gluten free, but contain peanuts... bad for people with peanut allergies.

In my local Wendy's I've only seen them in the small packages, pre packed and closed, not in an open container... I would call the Wendy's corporate and regional offices and ask about that... there may be some Wendy's were they do have them in the enclosed packages in your area, if not, you can make them aware of the peanut allergy issue (if you want to.)

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I eat Cavendish fries all the time with no problems. Their plain shoestring, straight cut, country cut, and crinkle cut fries are gluten free. I've also made my own sweet potato fries in the oven, which were very delicious!

silly-yak-mum Apprentice

To the Canadian's - New York Fries! They are in almost every shopping mall and are gluten free and never share oil. Some Wendy's have dedicated friers - I ask everytime at the one we go to.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Ore Ida for me.

Felidae Enthusiast
To the Canadian's - New York Fries! They are in almost every shopping mall and are gluten free and never share oil.

Yep, that is the only food I can eat at university.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks patti..I'll pick some up

• 3 months later...
Lister Rising Star
Oh fer crying out loud. Somewhere I had a list that listed them as ok, and now I can't find it, and I went to the Ore-Ida page and there are NO tater tots there. @#*^!%^$!!!

Guess I'm switching to the extra crispy fries.

No wonder I've been all spaced out. Thank you.

I have two bags of them in my freezer too.

Imna go kick something.

Elonwy

there mini tots seasoned are safe only soybean

mouse Enthusiast

My family loves the Ora-Ida Fast Food Fries and that is now the only fries I buy. They do have soy. I am allergic to soy and thank goodness that one has stayed mild. Probably because I try not to use anything with soy on a regular basis. I only have these fries about twice a month. We think they taste better then McD's.

Archived