Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

"house" Episode?

I don't know if the talked about episode has aired yet. If so I have missed it.

Watching ET-Tonight, they mentioned the episode of "House" with a mother with a mysterious disease.

Could this be the one. I don't watch it very much. Anyone know any thing about this?

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's on tonight at 9:00 p.m. I am eagerly awaiting it as it is the start of the new season. Will let you know....

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Karen,

I hate to burst your bubble, but I just checked fox.com and the House episode says:

"the team tries to diagnose a working mother who suffers from flailing fits"

I know that I have had those before, but I don't think that is a symptom of celiac disease, is it? Unless you count the flailing fits I have thrown today over those freaking McD french fries!! :P

Tracy

- Dx by Derm with DH in Oct 2005 - both by bloodwork and skin biopsy.

- Dx with celiac disease in Nov 2005 by biopsy of small intestine.

- gluten-free since Oct 2005

It's hard to say. I can't see the show using the "typical" celiac disease case. Maybe seizures due to celiac, or neurological disorders caused by celiac, something along those lines......

I just wish they would tell us which one it was!!!!!

Karen

Karen

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Flailing fits seem to be a daily episode for me. I would like to see one with an out of body experience with some one with Celiac. One with vision of a double cheeseburger (nah, freg that one). I think eating at a five star french restaurant and not worrying about a darn thing. I would be gazzing into my husbands eyes, knowing that we had a room at the Four Seasons (and going back twenty years when I actually had hormones and anti-D weren't circulating). This was just a trip back in time when we used to laugh with each other.

I digress, sorry, can't remember the thread. Personal issues here, I think. Anyone else like, PM. I need some pep talk. :(

This is a thread of it's own. I know, lets start a "Womens Only Thread"....ooops, sorry, I guess that's a really bad suggestion. :ph34r: Been there done that and gone. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

LOL Lisa!

Alas, tonight's episode was not the celiac one. Just a stupid woman who was taking fertility drugs to make hubby happy by trying to have another child, yet all along packing herself up with Ritalin and birth control pills to MAKE SURE she DIDN'T get pregnant!!

Darn! I have to admit though, I am now officially hooked on this show. I absolutely LOVE his sense of humour!!! He cracks me up!

Karen

Karen

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

Unknown

I continue to marvel at how well House has played this market by once mentioning (I guess I only heard about it here) they might one day do a celiac disease episode. :o

- Vincent -

:lol::P You're right, of course......

But I can't complain, after all, it turned me onto a really, really great show that I hadn't previously heard of.

I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!!!!!

Karen

Karen

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

Unknown

As far as I can figure with extensive research, the "celiac episode" is a rumor started by a Celiac on the Fox's house message board as "a cool idea". It then ballooned off into rumorville, and here we are.

I am a huge house addict, its the only thing we watch where BF is not allowed to change the channels during commercials ( I get very upset) and believe me, I looked. It would be cool, but I don't think we can count on it.

Elonwy

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

As far as I can figure with extensive research, the "celiac episode" is a rumor started by a Celiac on the Fox's house message board as "a cool idea". It then ballooned off into rumorville, and here we are.

I am a huge house addict, its the only thing we watch where BF is not allowed to change the channels during commercials ( I get very upset) and believe me, I looked. It would be cool, but I don't think we can count on it.

Elonwy

:(:(:( But now I'm hooked on the show. Those amazingly blue eyes of Hugh Laurie. Sigh.

gluten-free since Oct 1996

Even if the Celiac storyline is just a rumor, it got me watching the show--and now it's one of my favorites! If they were looking for more viewers, they got me :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

My whole family knows on Tuesday nights from 9 - 10 pm, Mom is off-limits..... DON'T BOTHER ME WHILE MY HOUSE IS ON!!!

The kids are in bed and Terry could stand in front of me waving a tin of Altoids in my face and I wouldn't notice him...... I only have eyes for Hugh Laurie!

Karen

Karen

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

Unknown

Terry could stand in front of me waving a tin of Altoids in my face and I wouldn't notice him...... I only have eyes for Hugh Laurie!

Karen

:D:D:D ---I know what you mean!!

Patti

Hi Guys

I'm the one that started the thread back in early fall. We had a news broadcast on our local

Fox network talking about the show 'House' having a celiac episode coming up somtime soon. They interviewed a local woman who had celiacs and did a pretty good job explaining the disease. I have practically religiously watched the show so that I can see the episode. I've only missed a couple. So far no eposode. <_< I keep checking the site but see nothing about it. <_< Maybe I will email the Fox network and see if they know.

Yes....It is a great show! I can just imagine how they will act with a celiac. Probably saying it's all in the head or somthing.

Wendy

My whole family knows on Tuesday nights from 9 - 10 pm, Mom is off-limits..... DON'T BOTHER ME WHILE MY HOUSE IS ON!!!

The kids are in bed and Terry could stand in front of me waving a tin of Altoids in my face and I wouldn't notice him...... I only have eyes for Hugh Laurie!

Karen

Karen, no offense but you need TIVO or a VCR or somthign... altiods are a bit more important ;)

- Vincent -

My husband and oldest son got hooked on the show along with me - all while looking for the celiac disease episode! We never miss it and if my son is at his dad's house, we tape it for him.

-Kate

gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:

Strawberries and Banannas (2007)

Nitrates (April 2006)

Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)

Peanuts (Nov. 2004)

Soy (Oct. 2004)

Almonds (Sept. 2004)

Corn (Sept. 2004)

Lactose/Casein (1999)

Wendy--good to know we can still look forward to the Celiac episode--thanks!

Patti

Good news about the infamous House/Celiac episode! I had mentioned to my mom awhile ago about the possibility of an episode because she loves that show and I told her to watch out for it.

My mom gets the Harrisburg, PA GIG newsletter and shares interesting bits with me. In the most recent H-burg GIG newsletter, and they said that House will air a Celiac episode on May 9th at 9. Interestingly enough, it said that GIG served as a consultant for the show---so, hopefully, it will be accurate information! I am excited to see it!

Guest nini

SET THE VCR ON RECORD!!!! LOL!!!

I just told hubby about this and he marked it on the calendar so we can record it! LOL! Oh we are absolutely addicted to that show... I love Hugh Laurie, But if you've ever watched him in Black Adder, well... he's just so funny...

Running to the tivo now :D Thanks Laura!

Patti

Every so often I have something interesting to add :D So, does this mean that no one will be on the forum that night!!!

You always have something interesting to contribute!! And I think you're right--we'll all be watching :D

Patti