This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Whole Foods 365 Brand Yogurt

WGibs

WGibs Apprentice

Hi,

I've read old posts about Whole Foods and about yogurt, but I haven't found an answer... Does anyone know if Whole Foods 365 brand fat-free yogurt is gluten-free? The only questionable ingredient was natural flavors. I just assumed it was fine, but just checked and discovered that it's not listed on Whole Foods' gluten-free shopping list.

The reason I'm asking is that I had a sort of bad week in the tummy department and so I was reviewing my food journal for stupid things I might have done. This yogurt was a new item for me this week. I'd been eating yogurt, but not this brand.

Somehow I just can't wrap my head around the idea that yogurt might have gluten in it -- provided it's not a cookie/crunchy/malt flavor. Is this something I need to worry about more?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hez Enthusiast

My guess is that if it is not on the gluten-free list it is probably questionable. Whole Foods seems pretty good about there lists.

Hez

• 3 weeks later...
michelleL Apprentice

I buy the plain 365 brand yogurt and add my own jam plus a lil' sugar for flavoring... I have not had any problems with their plain yogurt. I think it tastes really good, and it's a really nice, thick and creamy yogurt. :P

penguin Community Regular

It is more than likely ok, but look at the date on their gluten-free list, it's from 11/04, so I don't even bother with it.

Just call corporate and they should be able to tell you.

It's not on their website, but their number is:

(512) 477-4455

They're based in Austin, TX.

mookie03 Contributor

I was wondering the same thing! I wanted to buy the vanilla but didnt want to risk it and couldnt find it on the WF list either (which is so outdated! 2004?!) so i ended up buying the plain and adding stuff to it to sweeten-- never thought of jam though- great idea!! Anyway, please do let us know if you call and get an answer about the other flavors- i SO miss my dannon vanilla yogurt :(

Guest nini

I get Cascade Fresh yogurt, it's clearly labeled gluten-free right on the container and it's really good. Fruit in the bottom and you just mix it up.

paulasimone Rookie

don't know about WF, but here's Stonyfield Farm's gluten info:

"Does your yogurt contain gluten?

Our nonfat, lowfat and whole milk plain yogurts do not contain any gluten source ingredients. We do not add gluten to our products; however, some of the NATURAL FLAVORS used to make our products may contain gluten-derived stabilizers."

boo - i didn't know about this potential "flavors" problem.

(written on belly-full of blueberry yogurt) :unsure:

re: flavoring it yourself - fig jam makes for yummy yogurt, fyi.

or real maple syrup. with or without bananas.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mookie03 Contributor

I know, i was upset about the stonyfield too, but i use the plain and i too use maple syrup- so yum! Sometimes i add a dash of brown sugar if i want something even a little sweeter. Occasionally ill add real fruit too but i am so excited to try jam now!

Archived