Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenn2005

Recipe For Cake Doughnuts

Personally, as a southern trained cook, I don't use a thermometer for my frying. I set my electric stovetop to about a 6 with shortening and that's perfect for frying chicken-fried steak (gonna have to figure out how to make that gluten-free <_< )

Anyhoo, without a thermometer, I would just drop a tiny bit of batter into hot oil to test. If it doesn't bubble and either gets glogged up with oil or stays mushy, it's not hot enough. If it's incinerated as soon as it hits the oil and your house is smoky, it's too hot.

Good luck with calling all of your professionals :P

Good luck with calling all of your professionals :P

Hi All

Gosh I just re-read this whole post...what fun we had that nite. :)

Vince and Stefi, you'd be proud...I've been cooking really good meals at nite now...

I'm really greating pretty good here :blink::lol: Who would have ever guessed :rolleyes:

Tried Nini's chicken, m/p, asparagus, tossed salad tonight and even hubby said it was so good.

Spagati last nite and Stir-fry nite before with 2 KINDS OF RICE, ONE SPICED UP ON PLAIN BROWN.

Jim's been buying neat cooking utenciles and a great cutting knife and potato pealer...i should have had good tools a long time ago. Might have even liked to cooked using these neat things.

Want to try these donuts..they sound so good.

will let you know.. havent' been baking been.COOKING :)

tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT.

JUDY IN PHILLY