Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrissy

I Found Mushroom Soup

we drove to a city about 49 miles away and went to fred meyer's. i found some cream of mushroom soup and some cream of chicken soup and some tomatoe soup---all gluten-free of course. i was so excited! the brand of the cream soups was Health Valley. i have not been able to find progresso anywhere, except to order a case from the internet. the tomato soup was in a box. i made shepherd's pie tonight and there was enough left for two more recipes. it really does seem to be getting easier, but it isn't getting any less expensive yet.

christine

Guest nini

I've used the Health Valley Cream of Mushroom soup... it is yummy. I actually got it on sale at Kroger. With my kroger plus card it was only $1.33, yay me! I look for sales and try to stock up when things are on sale.

I thought so!! Can't wait to see if she can have dairy again! Anyone know of good gfdf mushroom soups? I found the Imagine portabella mushroom and it was ok, but not what I was looking for!

nini---that is what i payed for it too, it was on sale, and i bought all that was left on the shelf. i used it in one of my crock pot meals---i think i probably should have used 2 cans to make up for the fact that it isn't condensed, (the potatoes were a little dry) but it held up well in the crockpot.

christine

I thought so!! Can't wait to see if she can have dairy again! Anyone know of good gfdf mushroom soups? I found the Imagine portabella mushroom and it was ok, but not what I was looking for!

Becky6,

My dd is dairy/casein free as well. I've been making cream of mushroom soup from scratch using Vance's DariFree. I made a big batch last time and froze it in individual containers. Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you would like the recipe. I also used the base for clam chowder for my dh. :)