Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skurtz

Gluten Free Universal Studios Orlando?

I am planning a trip to Universal myself but I am having trouble getting information. I've posted on a few boards but haven't had many replies. I called guest services at Universal, they said to call one day in advance and they would accomodate special needs. I know that Disney World deals with these issues quite well.

Oh have I got a place for you in Orlando. I think it's on International but if it's not it's only like two blocks off it. We went in Jan but I was eating normally then. However, someone on this board told me about it and they were gluten-free already. The place is Seasons 52 (www.seasons52.com) and they don't have printed gluten free menus but the servers carry PDA's and they gluten free options are on them. The place sells itself as healthy gourmet and they do not have even a slice of reg. bread in the building. They also don't use butter (little olive oil) but when the desserts came (we had three as they are tiny and $2 ea.) I knew there had to be butter in the creme brulee. Sure enough our server admitted they didn't make the desserts in house so he's sure there's butter in them. Anyway, the member on here that gave me the info on this place told me it was her fave new place in town as she eats there often with no problems. It's a pricey place but we think well worth it even when eating 'normally'. I can't wait until they open here this summer! Have a good trip and bon appetit!