Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabby

Are You Drinking Your Shampoo?

After feeling glutened after having my showers....I decided to finally start using gluten-free shampoo about a year ago, with immediate great results. But I always wondered if the shampoo was really the culprit. I mean, I don't usually drink my shampoo and don't having bubbles or suds in my mouth.

But this week, I tried this hair softenening trick, that shocked me because I knew that I had actually been ingesting small amounts of shampoo all along.

Try this at home:

When you wash your hair, put the shampoo in your hand and add 1 tablespoon of dry baking soda to the shampoo and sort of mix it into a paste. Wash your hair with it, and then rinse like you usually do.

If you get a nasty salty taste in your mouth...then this will tell you how much shampoo gets into your mouth.

This test is absolutley safe (unless you are allergic or intolerant to baking soda). The baking soda will actually make your hair feel really soft when you rinse it out.

Guest nini

neat trick!

when I used to work in beauty salons (in my former life) we sometimes used baking soda mixed with water in a squirt bottle to remove styling product residue from clients hair. Some people came in with SOOOOO much hair spray in their hair that we couldn't even get the water to absorb, so we would squirt the baking soda mixture on their hair at the shampoo bowl, let it sit for a few minutes and then shampoo... made a huge difference in removing the residue.

i like this idea-----for both reasons!!!my girls can tell if they are "eating" their shampoo, and i'm sure they would love something to soften their hair and get out the build-up.

christine