Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krisb

Tofutti Ice Cream

I've been having a reaction to the tofutti ice cream. My elbows are so itchy and I have rashes everywhere. I'm having my stomach issues also. The labeling isn't very clear and I don't have a number or web site to ask the company. Does anyone know if it has any gluten?

Tofutti fudgesicles and "marry me" are both gluten-free they do not guarantee the other things are however, I have had no problems with their "Better than Sour Cream" or cream cheese. They say they attempt to make those items gluten-free but they can not be totally sure because they are made in a different building than the fudgesicles and "marry me" bars. All the other ice cream products are not gluten free, like the Tofutti Cuties.

Does anyone have any contact info so i can call them.

I'm not totally convinced that the ice cream I had is gluten free. I am really suffering. All my rashes and funky symptoms are back. If it's not gluten then I am baffled by what I am reacting to. Maybe it's from the tofu that is in the icecream. What is tofu made out of? I want to figure it out before I give it to my younger boys who can't have dairy or gluten.

Does anyone have any contact info so i can call them.

I'm not totally convinced that the ice cream I had is gluten free. I am really suffering. All my rashes and funky symptoms are back. If it's not gluten then I am baffled by what I am reacting to. Maybe it's from the tofu that is in the icecream. What is tofu made out of? I want to figure it out before I give it to my younger boys who can't have dairy or gluten.

Here is their website link. I can't find the letter they sent me but you can write to them.

http://www.tofutti.com/index.asp

their ice cream is gluten-free, but they won't make "guarantees" like they do with dairy. many, many people don't have a problem with their stuff, but if you do, it's best to avoid it, regardless of exactly what is causing the reaction.