Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ksmith

Yummy Cornbread Recipe--my Fav!

Hello,

Here is my favorite cornbread recipe. I mixed two of Bette Hagman's recipes to fit

what I have on hand in my kitchen.

Orange Cornbread

1 cup yellow cornmeal

1 cup corn flour

1/4 cup sugar (you could use less probably)

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt (or a little less)

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup milk (I used skim)

1/3 cup vegetable oil (you could use apple sauce, but I haven't tried it)

2 tsp. grated orange peel

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups. Sift dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the beaten eggs, milk, oil, and orange peel. Bake for 13-15 minutes (recipe says 25 min, but that was way too long in my oven).

Thank you so much for this recipe. The Celiac. message board announcment popped up in my email just at the perfect time with this recipe on the 13th. Had a breakfast potluck to go to on the Valentine's Day with fellow realtors, and knew at least one other person had Celiac, so decided to take Cornbread ahead of time, but unsure which recipe to use that I had, because they all seemed too dry. This is a very moist (not crumbly) cornbread recipe. The orange zest adds nice flavoring, but now that I have a good basic recipe will try different variations. Thanks again . . . you posted this recipe at the PERFECT time.

Dianna

Thank you so much for this recipe. The Celiac. message board announcment popped up in my email just at the perfect time with this recipe on the 13th. Had a breakfast potluck to go to on the Valentine's Day with fellow realtors, and knew at least one other person had Celiac, so decided to take Cornbread ahead of time, but unsure which recipe to use that I had, because they all seemed too dry. This is a very moist (not crumbly) cornbread recipe. The orange zest adds nice flavoring, but now that I have a good basic recipe will try different variations. Thanks again . . . you posted this recipe at the PERFECT time.

Dianna

Great to hear!