Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maureen

Lunch Ideas

Can anyone give me some ideas to pack for my daughter for lunch. She is in high school. She doesn't like to eat much but she is going out for the soccer team in a couple of weeks. I need to send more food with her so she can make it through soccer practice. Up till now she would just eat a piece of fruit or a snack bar. To complicate things......we are vegan :rolleyes: .

Thanks!

I eat wraps made with corn tortillas a lot. I eat turkey wraps, but you could make them with salad mix and a little dressing? Maybe some avocado?

Rice or corn cakes with peanut butter are always good too - extra protein!

I eat brown rice and steamed veggies with a little wheat-free soy sauce sometimes too.

Does she have access to a microwave? Amy's soups (many of them - read the labels) are gluten free and vegan and yummy!

Hope that helps!!

I eat corn tortillas or tortilla chips with homemade hummus or guacamole. I have had corn tortillas with peanut butter, but it's not great, however I need to eat something when I am at uni. for 9 hours. Nuts or homemade trailmix with raisins, gluten-free pretzels, peanuts, gluten-free cereal, craisins, etc. Fruit, rice cakes, rice crackers, Glutano breakfast bars. That's about all that I can thimk of. I can't eat dairy and I only eat chicken or fish at the most three nights a week.

I make chicken salad and eat it on tortilla chips. Pretty good.

Also do a lot of fruit and cheese for quick lunches.

Sometimes I buy Dr. Schar's pizzarelli crackers and eat with a spag. sauce

OR I buy wheat free crackers and Dietz and Watson deli meat to make pseudo-sandwiches.

I eat wraps made with corn tortillas a lot. I eat turkey wraps, but you could make them with salad mix and a little dressing? Maybe some avocado?

Rice or corn cakes with peanut butter are always good too - extra protein!

I eat brown rice and steamed veggies with a little wheat-free soy sauce sometimes too.

Does she have access to a microwave? Amy's soups (many of them - read the labels) are gluten free and vegan and yummy!

Hope that helps!!

I called the quaker Oats company and they told me I could not eat thier rice cakes.

I called the quaker Oats company and they told me I could not eat thier rice cakes.

No stay far far away from Quaker products. Super high risk of cross contamination.

I get Lundberg rice cakes or corn cakes by a company called Real Foods. See what you can find in your local health food store.

Guest nini

Avocados are a good source of energy, you could pack her a big ol salad with avocado on it and her fave dressing on the side so she can pour it on and it doesn't get wilty,

also, any kind of nut butter on crackers with jelly or preserves or fresh fruit

I also use the Real Foods Corn Thins, they are amazing as a crispy cracker or even for a sandwich, I really like them with peanut butter on them

Also, corn chips with bean dip. There are many kinds of bean dips that you can make in advance and send chilled, I'm sure there are even many store bought varieties at the health food stores that are gluten free and vegan

tacos with refried beans and tons of lettuce, tomatoes and even bean sprouts and garbanzo beans... these don't have to be warmed up, they are good cold... (or cool)