Rate this topic

On March 13, 2014 at 7:18 PM, IrishHeart said:

Cath G: My eyes only bother me if gluten gets in them - never if I eat it.

I have no idea what this means. Celiac is not about gluten in the eyes and allergic reactions

and there is only a response if it is INGESTED.

It isn't just ingesting. You can also get gluten contamination from breathing gluten in the air.  Flour particles stay airborne for several hours.   each and every single time I fly I get glutened by their pretzels. I now have to wear surgical gloves and a heavy duty filtered face mask when I board because as soon as they pass out those lame pretzels I immediately get brain fuzzed, nauseated, and my stomach balloons to where I look 5 months pregnant. Then I'm constipated for 2-4 weeks afterwards. 

If if you are celiac, stay away from all gluten. Every single product you use you need to check with the manufacturer. A lot of companies will say they are gluten free or don't contain gluten but it's manufactured in a dirty facility... So you will get cross contaminated easily. I had to stop taking all of my NOW vitamins and supplements as they warn you their products are made in a gluten-free and other allergen non compliant facility. I had changed everything but that and I kept getting sick. I had to switch some of my prescriptions as well.  It's ridiculous how freaking cheap and shady companies are. That means changing/checking floss, toothpaste, shampoo, lotion, hair products, hand soap, yadda yadda yadda.