Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know that almost all of Starbuck's drinks are okay, but what about the frappuccino-type stuff that you can buy at in a bottle at a convenience store? I assume those are okay as well. Has anyone every verified this? Thanks

Actually, on the same subject, but different drink, does anyone know about their teas? I'm a BIG dummy because I just ordered the largest one, then left, then thought, wait, I didn't look at the ingrediants! (it was chamomile, but I know theirs isn't JUST chamomile)......so I went back and asked to read a box and there was no clear barley or anything but 'natural flavors.' The workers never heard of gluten. So, I threw out the whole thing and bought some celestial at a drug store......did I just waste 2 dollars? I was too scared to risk it.

Actually, on the same subject, but different drink, does anyone know about their teas? I'm a BIG dummy because I just ordered the largest one, then left, then thought, wait, I didn't look at the ingrediants! (it was chamomile, but I know theirs isn't JUST chamomile)......so I went back and asked to read a box and there was no clear barley or anything but 'natural flavors.' The workers never heard of gluten. So, I threw out the whole thing and bought some celestial at a drug store......did I just waste 2 dollars? I was too scared to risk it.

I believe Starbucks serves Tazo tea. Here's the info I've come across on that:

"All gluten-free except Honeybush, Green Ginger, Lemon Ginger, and Tea Lemonade. This info is on their website www.tazo.com in the FAQ section."

I believe Starbucks serves Tazo tea. Here's the info I've come across on that:

"All gluten-free except Honeybush, Green Ginger, Lemon Ginger, and Tea Lemonade. This info is on their website www.tazo.com in the FAQ section."

oooh, darn! I threw it all out, and I wanted to keep the cup. (the ones in the office are so small and I have to keep running back and forth to the kitchen! haha)........well, I guess I know for next time! But I'm proud of myself for not taking the chance on the spot! Before I would have just said, welll....it couldn't be, and then be in trouble. Thanks though!

Frappuchino's (bottles) are safe. I called them two years ago and asked and have them on occasion with no problems. I drink them very seldom because I am allergic to casein. On the same frame of question, are ALL Starbucks coffees (in their store) gluten-free? Like the ones with flavorings, etc.

I am under the impression (from others' comments on this board) that all of Starbuck's in-store coffee and drinks are gluten free, with the exception of some obvious stuff like brownie-flavored seasonal drinks.

This is from the gluten free in San Diego website:

Starbucks

www.starbucks.com

Last verified 10/28/05

1-800-23-LATTE

The following information was given by several Customer Service Department representatives for Starbucks via telephone. They require you to call to receive information about their gluten-free menu items, rather then email.

Not gluten-free:

Any frappachino with "chips" (Java Chip, Double Chocolate Chip, Mint Mocha Chip, and the malt mix (an optional additive).

All other beverages are gluten free (as long as they don't have any of the "chips"). One representative specifically mentioned their chocolate sauce(?) as being gluten free.

http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=ewK0LjP7E&b=34871

HAPPY BUZZING! B)

Speaking of tea....I don't want to start a new post but I contacted Revolution teas today. They are sold at Whole Foods and are at many fine resorts and hotels. Their entire line of teas are gluten free. The lady had the answer right on her product info sheet but she wanted to know what gluten was. I gave her an abbreviated lesson and was impressed that she even cared. She said they are getting lots of calls about gluten which is what prompted them to update the product info sheet instead of having to call comsumers back after checking on each flavor for every call.

Their lavender earl grey tea is to die for so I'm so glad I don't have to give mine away! Also, their green tea is the only green tea I've ever liked.

This is very timely for me. We were in Starbucks today and my little girl wanted to know if she could get the hot chocolate. I wasn't sure, so I said no. I wanted to check it out. Does this mean that it is okay? My husband loves Starbucks and we weren't sure what he could have. The mocha and the caramel are okay? The white choc.? I think it is Godiva hot choc. they use. It is a Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks Cafe inside. Thoughts?